Intake and tuner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Bingham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, new to the forum and have a couple of questions regarding my Ram 1500. Its a 2015, Sport, every option possible for the model, it's a great truck. I've decided to sink a few bucks into it to augment performance a little and I'm affraid I'm getting mixed responses from my performance mechanics and dealership where I bought it from! So far all I've done is install a dual Flowmaster Super 10 on it, and an S&B Cold air intake engine wise, I'm not seeing a change at all in performance, so a decided to invest in a Bully Dog BDX. Was going to have it installed in a few days, but I'm told all that will be for nothing being as the PCM is locked, and even the current changes, intake and exhaust, aren't doing anything because of the PCM too! Need some help please...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, for the 2015 you need to swap out your pcm. If you look on moes performance for example, there is an option to switch out your pcm for an "unlocked" pcm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bill Bingham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well.... Isn't that great. BDX already bought too. So how much, dare I ask, is an unlocked PCM going to run me these days?

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I would also go with a diablo sport with custom engine and tranny tune! I have a 13 with every bolt on and custom hemifever 93 tune. Still waiting for the 13 and 14 8 speed trannies to be unlocked. If you by the tuner from Moes you get the custom tuning free! The dealers don’t know **** about performance mods for these trucks. I would also go with a set of long tube headers with high flow cats! Pedal commander is a must as well!

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Well.... Isn't that great. BDX already bought too. So how much, dare I ask, is an unlocked PCM going to run me these days?

Refuse the package and get a refund! Then read here and buy the right stuff!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
+1 on the Pedal Commander as a starting place. Usually the cost of the Diablo with the custom tunes by Hemifever and the unlocked PCM are between $500-$1000 depending on the package you want. Check with Moe's Performance, a well trusted vendor on this site.
Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963