Integrated trailer brake setup help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longislandram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Hi everyone.

I installed the MOPAR Intigrated trailer brake controller into my 2017 Ram 1500. I had the dealer update the sales code, and reconfigure the truck. My question is how do I get to the trailer brake control options? Dose a trailer need to be connected to the truck? My trailer brake control switch lights up but that’s it, and there are no trailer brake menues or options anywhere. Thanks for any help.

MIKE

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi everyone.

I installed the MOPAR Intigrated trailer brake controller into my 2017 Ram 1500. I had the dealer update the sales code, and reconfigure the truck. My question is how do I get to the trailer brake control options? Dose a trailer need to be connected to the truck? My trailer brake control switch lights up but that’s it, and there are no trailer brake menues or options anywhere. Thanks for any help.

MIKE

In the dash menu there should not be a trailer tow option.

Other way is squeeze the paddles on the switch itself and it should come up on the screen in the dash.

Another way is to go into settings in the radio.

Let me know if that doesn’t work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devildog8791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How hard was it to install?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

Longislandram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
In the dash menu there should not be a trailer tow option.

Other way is squeeze the paddles on the switch itself and it should come up on the screen in the dash.

Another way is to go into settings in the radio.

Let me know if that doesn’t work

Yea with no trailer connected if I squeeze the manual gain paddles nothing happens. No messages, no lights, no chimes. In the radio settings, and apps there is no trailer brake options either. Will a trailer tow option appear when a trailer is connected?

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yea with no trailer connected if I squeeze the manual gain paddles nothing happens. No messages, no lights, no chimes. I’m the radio settings, and apps there is no trailer brake options either. Will a trailer tow option appear when a trailer is connected?

It will but it sounds like the dealer didn’t program it properly.

240cc083598aa748a2c460deaf6cc738.jpg095f98b59d080980a50b4739f325b4dc.jpg

This is squeezing the paddles.

64483c2bad78fc5fd12223aeab22921c.jpg

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How hard was it to install?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Switch is easy enough. The control box is in the worst place under the dash. I basically took my dash apart to install it properly, but it’s a pain to put in right.

The pigtails are already there under the dash so just unwrap and plug in.

Then spend another 55-150 getting the dealer to program it, or possibly not. Which is what sounds like in this case.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Damn ok my dash is different but idk if that matters.
Hey bud, I had mine installed at the dealer, and of course programmed also. When you take it back, be nice, but firm...and have them show you its working before you ever leave...and bring receipt from your original flashing for the trailer brake. Best of luck chief.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The trailer brake information should pop up on the 7" multi-page EVIC also when you manually squeeze the brake controller.
If you have the 8.4 radio, there should also be a menu on there for saving the trailer brake settings (up to four different set-ups).
There should also be a trailer disconnect warning if you plug a trailer w/ electric brakes into the truck and then unplug it while the truck is running.
The dealer may just have to reflash the sales code.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

All of what they said. I would take it back to them and show them it’s not working, then have them do the work you paid for. Sounds like they didn’t program it properly.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it’s programmed correctly, the moment you connect the 7 pin and turn on the ignition, a message pops up in the center gauge display, “Trailer brake is connected” along with the voltage setting.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
This is what your settings should look like if you have the 8.4 radio.7c46e138c2157d0533f52b2fa59de929.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock