Interior lights,chime and door ajar light coming on while going down the road.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

milkrunner12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey gentlemen,
hope I'm in the right area for this: while i'm driving down the road my interior lights, and door ajar light comes on, the chime chime'sand the door locks lock and unlock-all at the same time. After I park the truck and lock it with the key fob, the alarm goes off. I looked at the door wiring between the door post on both back doors, but no broken wires. (I've had the wiring problem with the doors before) I now cant use the security system for fear of it going off while I'm at work-I'm a truck driver.
Could someone please tell me what could be wrong? Thank you for your time and response.

devans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this happen to my 02 1500. The problem with mine was a couple of the door latches went bad. They wouldn't actuate to locked all the way. One way to check it is with the truck off hit the door lock switch and watch the lock knobs. It will ding each time you hit the button. This may show you which latch is bad and it's the easiest way to check. If that doesn't work, you'll need to unplug each latch one at a time and hit the lock button. When it stops, there's the bad latch. Mine had multiple bad latches so I ended up doing all kinds of combinations to narrow it down to the bad ones.
Ultimately I decided to just replace all the latches.
Mine also chimed once every second while I was driving. I just pulled the fuse for the door locks and locked all the doors manually until I got it fixed.
I hope this helps.