Interior lights don't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yzinger2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
So i have a 2006 5.9 Cummins CCSB with roughly 220k miles on it, and i have no dome lights, no dash lights, no lights on the climate control knobs or buttons or radio controls. Although the radio still works and has a display screen, gauges still work with no lights, heat and fan work but no A/C. Althought the small fuel mileage display next to the map lights still is functional and displays temperature and other viewings. I have heard it could be the TIPS, as well as the cluster display module taking out all of the lights as well broken connections but the truck has had interior electrical issues since new and with the new inspection laws they will fail me if they take a picture of my dash and i dont have an odometer display. Anyone have the same issue?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Y

yzinger2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Anyone??

Ron Boltik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
So i have a 2006 5.9 Cummins CCSB with roughly 220k miles on it, and i have no dome lights, no dash lights, no lights on the climate control knobs or buttons or radio controls. Although the radio still works and has a display screen, gauges still work with no lights, heat and fan work but no A/C. Althought the small fuel mileage display next to the map lights still is functional and displays temperature and other viewings. I have heard it could be the TIPS, as well as the cluster display module taking out all of the lights as well broken connections but the truck has had interior electrical issues since new and with the new inspection laws they will fail me if they take a picture of my dash and i dont have an odometer display. Anyone have the same issue?

I have the exact same problem in my 2004 2500 Hemi. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix?

Ron

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Test the switch, the one for the headlights, that’s usually the culprit. Did they just go out at once or did they start flickering? If the latter then check the ground for the switch, follow the wiring from connector and you will find the ground for that plug.

Ron Boltik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Test the switch, the one for the headlights, that’s usually the culprit. Did they just go out at once or did they start flickering? If the latter then check the ground for the switch, follow the wiring from connector and you will find the ground for that plug.

The headlight switch can cause all the cluster and dash backlights to go out, as well as the turn signal indicators on the cluster, the cargo lamp and dome lamp?

Ron

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
The headlight switch can cause all the cluster and dash backlights to go out, as well as the turn signal indicators on the cluster, the cargo lamp and dome lamp?

Ron
The same thing happened to me except for the blinkers and it was the switch but it could be other things as well, like the ignition switch. That’s why I say to test things to make sure so your not throwing parts at it.

Ron Boltik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Thanks for the info. The quest is ongoing....

Ron

The same thing happened to me except for the blinkers and it was the switch but it could be other things as well, like the ignition switch. That’s why I say to test things to make sure so your not throwing parts at it.