Interior Questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Just a few quickies.

1, in my stock 05, do the speaker grills pop off, or do you have to remove the whole door card?

2, how is the door card removed? I was at an LKQ, and I couldn't take on off because of the handle, and I couldn't see how to remove the handle, itself.

3, Is the 06+ interior a direct bolt in swap for an 02-05 truck {particularly, my 05}?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
There is a bolt at the base of the handle, pull the handle to the open position and look down its length and you'll see it, 13mm a T30 torx IIRC. You'll need to disconnect the switches once the door card is pulled off and it's a lot easier to reinstall with the lock pull's bezel removed but it's not required. There are plastic screws around the perimeter of the card that are removed as well as the center screw behind the handle.

The grill was molded into my door panel on my '07 and IIRC it was molded into it on my brother's '05 w/ Infinity system. The door cards should swap over, the shape didn't change between the years, if you're asking about the seats swapping they'll work, the dash is a different story, they changed the center layout with the '06 update and it was different when I was swapping my brother's Pioneer headunit out for the one out of my '07 after it got wrecked.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Aside from the layout, do you think everything else would just swap in? All the vents would line up with the AC system, etc?

EDIT:: Move the electronics/entertainment stuff to the respective forum section.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I haven’t heard of anyone trying to swap the entire dash, maybe a google or forum search might pull up some info...google has been good to me finding old posts about obscure truck part swaps