Intermittent fast idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

007Shorty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Guys, I'm completely stumped. I have an 03 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi 4X4 5 speed manual. It has a intermittent fast idle. Sometimes when I am rolling to a stop sign and put it in neutral (or just have the clutch in) it will idle at 1800 until I come to a complete stop, once I completely stop moving it will drop to normal idle. It only idles high when I am moving. It sometimes feels a little sluggish when taking off maybe like its running rich. I was having problems a while back with fluctuating idle, brought it to the shop and they replaced the 02 sensor, seemed to fix that issue (may not be related to the new issue at all but I thought it was worth mentioning). It has a P0440 code that has been on for a while, I've been trying to find the leak and can't seem to track it down. And it just recently popped a P0551. I just have never seen a rig that only runs high idle while rolling in neutral and then goes to normal when stopped. Any help is appreciated!