Interrupt brights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopower318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Is it possible to have your fogs and brights on at the same time, and what would a guy have to do to be able to do this??

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
bump, it's some sort of box, the box is in the name.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Actually it's pretty simple. You jumper from your high beam relay to your fog lights fuse. Let me dig up the how to.

This has been covered before but has been lost in the thousands of posts that followed it so here is a new diy.

to keep your fog lights on with your high beams you will need a 1.5" piece of wire (14ga should be fine) and 2 crimp on spade ends.

strip and crimp the wire like this:
3842656873_09dca46446.jpg

now you see the two prongs on the fog light relay that are bigger? #3 and #5.
that's where you will put your wire, like this:
3843446422_93cdced8ed.jpg

now the fog lights stay on with the high beams and you have a spare relay.

*apparently this only works for 98-01 rams with only one fog light relay.

i put my factory fog lights and the bumper lights on a relay so they all work with the factory fog light switch.
here's my diagram
4100011809_2f093417be_o.gif

Some info on Dual Relay setups:
Ok its a nice day out today so I'm testin this out. When I pull either relay it kills the fogs, I've tried the jumper wire between the 30/87 pins on both relays, and from 1 relay's pins to the others, still nothin. I'm gonna try this now and let ya know

EDIT: I had contunuity on pins 3/4 also, tried the jumper on relay #1, did nothing. Tried it on Relay #2, and it works!! The fogs stay on with the highs, and still turn off with the foglight switch. I'm goin out to put a fuse on the jumper now, so I'll run it for a while and let yas know how it makes out...

So as reference:

1997 Dodge Ram with TWO fog lamp relays:

This jumper mod will work just fine. All it does it not allow a relay to open the fog light circuit when high beams are turned on.

The relay which powers the fog lamps (the other one of the two) should NOT be tampered with.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye