Invoice price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FDLT17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all. I’m trying to get a invoice price a power wagon but I’m having a little bit of trouble. If I proved the vin can does anyone know how to find the invoice?
Trying to decide if I should buy this loaded Power Wagon or order what I want.
Thanks!

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Shoot me the vin and I can look tomorrow afternoon when I get in.

OP
OP
F

FDLT17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sent you a PM. Is that good or do you want me to post it here?

Towjam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I spent many hours on the Ram website building the truck I wanted and tried to find invoice pricing etc. to no avail and I don't know anyone with access to that info. I then searched all over Colorado and the surrounding states looking for the truck I had built. I used several different websites like Cargurus, Autotrader etc. I expanded my search and finally found my PW new on a lot in Oregon. I bought it at the end of 2016 and the dealership was offering over 12k in rebates. I couldn't pass it up and bought it sight unseen and paid 1k to have it shipped to CO. I have no regrets.

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I'm new here and also looking for invoice price for a PW that I'm interested in, I have the vin as well.

Thanks
Yousif

mt goat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Factory invoice won’t be very accurate if your looking on what it cost for them to make the truck, i use to work at a dealer back in the 80’s and I’m sure not much has changed subtract 2/3’s the sticker price and that’s pretty close ruffle to what it cost to make the truck, u don’t have to buy, they have to sell! Take your time visit a lot of dealerships, in person, online, stick to what u want to pay with in reason, Drive them nuts! They don’t sell it to u for what u want leave! They will keep calling u dropping there price. Don’t fall in luv the first dealer you go to

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
mt is right. Chasing the invoice price, today, is not useful information. In the late 90's the dealers got fed up with customers demanding to see invoice and expecting to pay back of invoice. The manufacture and dealers began moving the invoice price closer to MRSP. Some vehicles today have a inv to MRSP spread of 6%, others 2-3%. A more accurate way to determine the fair value price. Is MRSP versus sale price (not including T&L) If the MRSP is $55k and the buyer has negotiated a sale price of $45, then the buyer is getting a 19% discount off of retail. Subject to vehicle type, options, demand, location and time of year,,some people get 25% off and others 5%. Another helpful tool can be to research what others have paid for the same vehicle. Dosn't mean you will get the same price or will pay as much. But knowing the average is helpful in determining what you will offer. My neighbor just bought a $65k MRSP truck for $45.5K. 30% off sticker. The sad part of that deal,,,its a FORD.

mt goat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My truck also had two window stickers, the one online was around $65 grand and the one on the truck was close to $64 grand with a $2,400 dealer installed options which was the side step and the 35 inch pro comp tires and one other thing I can’t remember, I stuck to my guns at many dealerships of under $50 grand and got my 2017 Laramie power wagon fully loaded besides sun roof for $49,995 and I still felt I could have gotten it down to $47k but it was a long day and was at the dealership tell 1am

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
There you go. No invoice knowledge or internet knowledge can take the place of "this is my number, this is what I want" Will you be the dealer that gets my purchase today? (with in reason)

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Factory invoice won’t be very accurate if your looking on what it cost for them to make the truck, i use to work at a dealer back in the 80’s and I’m sure not much has changed subtract 2/3’s the sticker price and that’s pretty close ruffle to what it cost to make the truck, u don’t have to buy, they have to sell! Take your time visit a lot of dealerships, in person, online, stick to what u want to pay with in reason, Drive them nuts! They don’t sell it to u for what u want leave! They will keep calling u dropping there price. Don’t fall in luv the first dealer you go to
This advice is hilariously inaccurate.

mt goat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So be accurate and give us some facts on the subject and your sound advice, I’m sure being a sales manager everybody here will fall online and drink your Coolaid

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
So be accurate and give us some facts on the subject and your sound advice, I’m sure being a sales manager everybody here will fall online and drink your Coolaid
You’ve got it all figured out, you worked at a dealership thirty years ago so you’re obviously the expert.

mt goat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You’ve got it all figured out, you worked at a dealership thirty years ago so you’re obviously the expert.
Not really, just experience, still working on being a expert, and working at a dealership 30 years ago in the auto body shop I didn’t learn much except the sales manager there liked to party on the weekends and wrecking the dealerships cars we had to fix and he seemed to like telling us everything so he wouldn’t get in trouble especially after leaving a bag of ****** in a red 944 he wrecked, but he probably was a lier. I did get some were around $15,000 off my power wagon I got new, not bad for a none expert

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
I bought a 17 at the beginning of the year, heavy discounts to get older model off the lot. Truck msrp was 47k, I got 36% off and paid 30k