Invoice pricing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, and you, the dealer pay truecar about $299 if a lead comes to you while someone is researching online. Also, dealers on the true car program have to give true car access to their sales data as well.

Still doesn’t change the fact that truecar’s pricing structure and what a “good” deal rating has no sway by the dealer or our pricing. That price is determined by them and I or any other dealer can change or alter that “deal” figure. Now if I have a car that meets that “deal” and someone wants to buy it at that price sure I’ll buy that lead.

The point is truecar gives a true invoice price, accurate rebates and saving, and there’s nothing that I can do to alter or inflate those figures. They are true numbers regardless of them selling leads to dealers.

Heck you can come to my dealership and we can build every car on truecar and compare it to every invoice I have, I’ll bet you 95% accuracy. The reason for the 5% is material cost can change mid cycle which truecar can’t decider build date to determine that change, it only knows current. I have 671 cars on my lot, a coffee machine, and time to help.

Manshoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Limited CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi onDa Brain
The only fun we have now is messing with people who come in and play by the "I learned how to buy a car online" program. We always love those people, no trade, only want to pay cash, blah blah blah, then parachute in the trade, think they deserve a certain APR. Those people are always the ones I make the most on.

Am I proud of it sometimes no, but if you going to walk in and act like you know something best of luck to your arrogant attitude. Ill happily give a nice person with a good attitude a great deal before I give some millennial self deserved idiot a dime.

Hostile much

Still doesn’t change the fact that truecar’s pricing structure and what a “good” deal rating has no sway by the dealer or our pricing. That price is determined by them and I or any other dealer can change or alter that “deal” figure. Now if I have a car that meets that “deal” and someone wants to buy it at that price sure I’ll buy that lead.

The point is truecar gives a true invoice price, accurate rebates and saving, and there’s nothing that I can do to alter or inflate those figures. They are true numbers regardless of them selling leads to dealers.

Heck you can come to my dealership and we can build every car on truecar and compare it to every invoice I have, I’ll bet you 95% accuracy. The reason for the 5% is material cost can change mid cycle which truecar can’t decider build date to determine that change, it only knows current. I have 671 cars on my lot, a coffee machine, and time to help.

What happened to the messing with people skills.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest problem with CDJR dealers is the add on package ********. Nowhere on any dealer website does it show or say anything about an extra $1995 to whatever tacked onto every single new vehicle on the lot for running boards, paint protection, interior protection, paint etching, dealer powertrain warranties,etc. My local Chevy and Ford dealers stopped this nonsense years ago. Also those $499 documentation fees are getting a little ridiculous when those same Chevy/Ford dealers charge $99 over invoice.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My biggest problem with CDJR dealers is the add on package ********. Nowhere on any dealer website does it show or say anything about an extra $1995 to whatever tacked onto every single new vehicle on the lot for running boards, paint protection, interior protection, paint etching, dealer powertrain warranties,etc. My local Chevy and Ford dealers stopped this nonsense years ago. Also those $499 documentation fees are getting a little ridiculous when those same Chevy/Ford dealers charge $99 over invoice.

Although my dealer hasn’t adopted the bump sticker yet the dealer fees are absurd. Also every Florida dealer has fees all over the place. I guess it’s the price to pay, I advertise below invoice but the owners just add fees to make it back.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Personally, i dont need true-car`s help in buying ANY of my vehicles, or any of those others like them, i just do it the old fashioned way.
"You wanna sell me the truck, you`ll come to my deal, not yours. You need to sell a truck, but i already own a truck, call me when your ready to deal"

I`ve had car sales people chase me out the door wanting to sell me their over inflated vehicles for years... i just walk away.
All i do is tell them what i`m willing to pay, and NOT one penny more. Dealerships are called STEALERSHIPS for a reason.
If your willing to let them bend you over, thats your own fault. Car salesmans are nothing more than lieing thieves in a suit.
Love how they try to SNEAK **** in on the contract... underhanded little liers and thieves, i catch them every time.
I could go on and on with stories of car salesman thievery, but most of you understand what i`m saying.

My latest win: OPTIONED UP LOADED 2018 RAM stickered @ $52,500 = $39,000 out the door, tax`s & title included.
Coulda worked them harder, but i was really tired of all the BS the saleman was trying to tell me.

Two people i absolutely hate most... lawyer`s & car salesman... they BOTH rip you off, IF, you let them.
And the biggest thing i hate, is having to return SEVERAL TIMES to stealerships to get something fixed that should have been done right the first time.

mainard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Thats not true, truecar sells leads to dealers that want to capture the customers who like the no no nonsense price. I run a dealership, we have no sway to the pricing they give.

Truecar is 99% accurate on giving an invoice price in my experience.
which dealership you run?

gregs2018ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
you could always ask what the "supplier price" or FFP on the invoice "Friends and Family Preferred price".

Some employers offer this discount.

Its INVOICE minus 1% + $75 admin fee, which is exactly what it was on the invoice sheet listed in the posts.

gregs2018ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
if you get a price thru TRUECAR, you're paying about $300 more than you probably should, because truecar charges the dealer a transaction fee for every referral fee thru them.

One dealer specifically told me NOT to do a quote thru truecar.

mainard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
what do you guys think of sams club or costco car buying program