IPhone Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All of the work phones at work have been upgraded from 5's to 8 and 10's. Never had an issue with the IPhone 5 connecting and working fully with the RAM, but the IPhone 8 is having an issue. Syncing is not problem and making and receiving calls work fine. The issue is the audio volume is very, very low to the point of making it impossible to hear the person. I have tried every setting possible on the phone with no change.

Looking online it seems quite a few IPhone 7 and 8 owners have had the same issue, but have yet to find a fix. Anyone have the same issue and have you found a fix? Some say they didn't have an issue until after updating to OS 11.2.1

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has that problem too, I also thought it was caused by that 17.xx over the air update. Mine worked great before the update but maybe it's the latest iPhone update instead???

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No issues with two 8s in two different 8.4 cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ExpressRules

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No issues with two 8s in two different 8.4 cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 5.0 radio and had -0- problems with the IPhone 5 and never have an issue with my personal Blackberry. And it is driving me nuts because don't have any issues with connecting to uconnect. The phone volume on the 8 has no issue when not connected, but when connected won't play over vehicle speakers loud enough to properly hear.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make a phone call, while on the phone call turn the volume up. I actually think I had to do this.

OP
OP
ExpressRules

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make a phone call, while on the phone call turn the volume up. I actually think I had to do this.

Yesterday I used my personal cell to call my work cell that was sync'ed to unconnnect as I sat in truck and played with every setting on the IPhone that might affect audio settings and there was no change.

Going to try again today, but outside temps may limit how long in sit in truck unless I waste gas by running engine to use heater.

OP
OP
ExpressRules

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reporting what I hope will remain a successful resolution of the problem. I had already tried every option available in the options available on the 5.0 in the truck and available on the IPhone 8 settings.

I had also deleted both devices (the IPhone and Blackberry) from the Bluetooth/UConnect on the 5.0 and reconnecting them with no success. The one thing I didn't do was to go into settings of both phones and delete any previous connection to UConnect from the devices. The IPhone 8 was then paired fresh to UConnect. Test call in was then made and volume was finally working as it should. At that point I said a prayer and reconnected my Blackberry and tested again the IPhone with an incoming call. Success !!!!!

Time will tell if it was truly resolved, but I'm optimistic it is.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reporting what I hope will remain a successful resolution of the problem. I had already tried every option available in the options available on the 5.0 in the truck and available on the IPhone 8 settings.

I had also deleted both devices (the IPhone and Blackberry) from the Bluetooth/UConnect on the 5.0 and reconnecting them with no success. The one thing I didn't do was to go into settings of both phones and delete any previous connection to UConnect from the devices. The IPhone 8 was then paired fresh to UConnect. Test call in was then made and volume was finally working as it should. At that point I said a prayer and reconnected my Blackberry and tested again the IPhone with an incoming call. Success !!!!!

Time will tell if it was truly resolved, but I'm optimistic it is.

I'll try this tomorrow and let you know if it works for me.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yesterday I used my personal cell to call my work cell that was sync'ed to unconnnect as I sat in truck and played with every setting on the IPhone that might affect audio settings and there was no change.

Going to try again today, but outside temps may limit how long in sit in truck unless I waste gas by running engine to use heater.

Make a call with your iPhone and turn up the volume using the volume knob on the radio. It is not a setting issue. It is the bluetooth audio volume which can only be adjusted from the factory radio while on a call.

OP
OP
ExpressRules

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make a call with your iPhone and turn up the volume using the volume knob on the radio. It is not a setting issue. It is the bluetooth audio volume which can only be adjusted from the factory radio while on a call.

I had tried that during my original testing. It wasn't until I removed all connections from both the phone and the truck and re-sync'ed that the received volume became normal and fully adjustable.