Is the stock resonator on a 2008 Hemi that restrictive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am getting my y-pipe merge corrected and having a 22" SI/SO Magnaflow muffler welded in place of the stock muffler on Monday and had a question regarding the stock resonator right after the rear axle. My goal is to have a straight thru design and this thing looks like it may hinder some flow. If it isn't that restrictive I want to leave it alone since I am trying to keep the truck as close to stock as possible. But if it REALLY is messing with the flow numbers, then I want to take it off. BTW my ONLY mods are going to be the y pipe merge and muffler. I am not doing anything else to increase performance except get a Diablo tune down the road, so as far as flowing a ton of CFMs, that isn't me. Mostly just stock. Just wanting to know if it is worthwhile to remove it or not. Thanks!

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might as well remove it, everything on the stock exhaust is restrictive lol it would look better without it also

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had mine removed, but I'm unsure of its restrictiveness. Bumping so others can chime in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo