is there a way to lift a 2wd D150?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
so I'm doing a 72 D100 restore. I have 3 additional parts truck. 2 have good running motors. So my plan was to take the left overs and make a field truck for my property, not road use.

is there a way to put about 2-4 inch lift on a 2 wheel drive truck? It would help keep hot parts off the field grass. the rear, I can use blocks or longer shackles. the front, I was thinking spring spacers but didn't know how much I could get.

any help appreciated.

THUND3RdownUND3R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From my experience the best way to lift the front of a 2wd truck would be with lift spindals, l lifted a 2wd f250 king ranch with them , as well as a Chevy s10. It may take some digging around to find them but I'd say that the way to go. There pretty easy to pop out and pop in, you don't need to remove the spring or controll arm. The only issue I've run into is the mounting holes for the backing plate might not be exact on the new spindals. Witch is no big deal you can just drill new holes. Lift spindals can be a little pricy but are the best way to get a good amount of lift on a 2wd.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
lol lift spindles for a 1st gen? do you have a link for them? i have never heard of such thing especially for 1st gen dodges. 1st gen dodge have very little aftermarket parts like that since they never seemed to be as popular as there ford/chevy counter parts. most people just buy a 4x4 if they want to lift them ridiculously high. even lmc took their sweet as time making up a magazine of parts available for these trucks

OP
OP
R

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
actually, I figured out that if I re-used my 92 suspension parts on my field truck with it's 17 inch wheels, it gives me a good amount of lift. My 72 restore is keeping the 5 x4.5 axles and the 8.75 rear end. as well, I'll be pulling the exhaust out the side of the fenders. that'll keep most of the hot parts off my field grass.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
REEK
I'll bet I've got the 4th parts truck you'd Kill for.
I have 72 Extended cab . or I'll call it a cab & half. & IT'S the Camper special truck. 1/2 ton .. 318 cid & 727 auto trans. Mine even has the extra 6 inches in the bed . Or to say another way I believe it 8ft 6inch long.
I no longer have any of the seats for it. I used then in another project truck...
& I believe I actually have the TITLE STILL. .
& IT CAN CERTAINLY BE BOUGHT ...
..... actually since your talking 73 early truck are .
I have a Dodge WarLoc cab black with the white corner stripes .. No doors But I do have other doors . I have the BLACK HOOD WRECKED but it has the factory Warloc stripes ..
& I have the 2 front fenders wrecked But they too have the Factory painted Warloc stripes.
... I also have a yellow & White cab that's a 4x4 cab it's a 75 to 78 I believe.& I have a 78 i believe 4 door cab & one ton frame under it . It has all 4 doors on it . It's straight but ruff.
& I have a regular cab 1/2 ton Bronze Pickup .. long wheel base tuck no title .
.... I guess I hiJacked your Post but maybe more people will read both post .
.............. & I actually know where a WarLoc bed that's been made into a pickup bed trailer .. But that Guy doesn't like me. SO HE ain't likely to sell it to me . But it should be able to be bought.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Did any of your guys read my post ..
I have that old 1972 Camper special.
I was just reading through some old post .
& I think someone needs this olf 72 Camper Special.