Is this nav unlock a scam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There is this ******* a Ram site on facebook. She claims to have the unlock code for the nav and she is selling it for $200 via paypal. I know the unlock at the stealership is $500 so this would be a great savings. Does this sound like a scam or could it be legit? There are already a few people on there saying it works but im kind of skeptical.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There is this ******* a Ram site on facebook. She claims to have the unlock code for the nav and she is selling it for $200 via paypal. I know the unlock at the stealership is $500 so this would be a great savings. Does this sound like a scam or could it be legit? There are already a few people on there saying it works but im kind of skeptical.
These people who say the code works could be in cahoots with her

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know you have to give them the request code off your radio in order to get the nav activation code..... I'm sure they are somehow random, so if she has a code I would think it has to be only good for whatever radio she gave them the request code to originally.

If you try it make sure you use a credit card thru paypal so you can shut it down if it is a scam.....

You should know the results right away if the radio accepts the code or not.

OP
OP
ivey_usmc

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know you have to give them the request code off your radio in order to get the nav activation code..... I'm sure they are somehow random, so if she has a code I would think it has to be only good for whatever radio she gave them the request code to originally.

If you try it make sure you use a credit card thru paypal so you can shut it down if it is a scam.....

You should know the results right away if the radio accepts the code or not.

Good thinking. Thanks!

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A buddy works at the stealership. I was hoping to have him whip the scan tool out and unlock mine when I get my LOF one day. He said its all third party and currently is no way around it. They plug in at the dealer, get codes/info and send to third party (garmin) and they do the rest. Its unfortunate.

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I wouldn't pay first. Id say something along the lines "I'll pay $250, only after the Nav is installed".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
What are you hoping to unlock on the nav ?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think there is a place that sells it for $285 and is reputable. Realistically I think it's a calculation based on your VIN. That is how most car codes are. If she figured it out - then $200 is a quick way for her to make easy money.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The stealership charged me $599 to activate mine. That was a definite scam IMO. But then so is that company. Never buy from Larry H Miller! Both his Ram and Jeep dealerships conspired to screw me over on the sale. But I got a decent deal on the truck due to all the Chrysler rebates and discounts.

On my Jeep I had a bad UConnect right off. The Nav unit wanted me to drive in circles. They had to get all the numbers from the radio and order one. They said Uconnect won't let them stock the units. Bizarre, but the service mgr where I bought it was a good guy. I showed him my blower when it was first installed. He said nice job, and unless it was something he just couldn't run past Chrysler, I would have no warranty hassles with him.

Don't know about this girl with the code, but it sounds suspect to me...

wink

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine

S2000gtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think there is a place that sells it for $285 and is reputable. Realistically I think it's a calculation based on your VIN. That is how most car codes are. If she figured it out - then $200 is a quick way for her to make easy money.

Please tell me a legit site that does it for $285 cheapest I have found is 399.99

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
+1 I'd be down for $285.

Sorry to bring back an older thread but just wanted to pass along some info in case someone is looking to activate their nav. I just bought (today) the code and activated the nav on my RA3 ('17 2500 Ram). I paid $330 which I thought was fair. It was from a vendor on ebay, he responded within a half hour with the activation code. His listing has the price of $350 but with "make an offer" button. I offered the 330 which he accepted. You may even get more off. If anyone wants the info will be glad to pass along, PM me.

PS...I have NO connection with the vendor, just a happy camper

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sorry to bring back an older thread but just wanted to pass along some info in case someone is looking to activate their nav. I just bought (today) the code and activated the nav on my RA3 ('17 2500 Ram). I paid $330 which I thought was fair. It was from a vendor on ebay, he responded within a half hour with the activation code. His listing has the price of $350 but with "make an offer" button. I offered the 330 which he accepted. You may even get more off. If anyone wants the info will be glad to pass along, PM me.

PS...I have NO connection with the vendor, just a happy camper

Who was the ebay seller?

Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
For anyone that is interested, send me a PM with your email for a verified Nav activation for about the same as mentioned in the OP.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
For anyone that is interested, send me a PM with your email for a verified Nav activation for about the same as mentioned in the OP.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Send this dude a PM. You’ll be glad you did!

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First off, it's not the "stealership" and it's not a scam at 599, that's MSRP. Second if you pay with PayPal as goods and services you have protection third please support our forum members before some random on eBay or somewhere else. I had mine done through a website for 425 vs the 599 it worked fine however the issue was when I had the touchscreen replaced under warranty they didn't have the sales code in the Chrysler system for it so the replacement didn't have it. I got the dealer to add it as they agreed it had nav when it came in..... But had they not and I got it for the pricing talked about on here I'd still be ahead in this situation

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk