issues getting diagnostic codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elcid98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
trying to get diagnostic codes for my 2011 Ram as my ABS, traction control and serv 4wd lights are on (hub is bad...see my previous post). I've tried the following to get codes but no luck

Cycle the ignition key On - Off - On - Off – On within 5 seconds (doesn't do anything)

turn ignition on while pressing odometer (all my diagnostic lights come on and then it goes off...based on what I read this was supposed to give me diagnostic code in odometer)

I guess its not a bad idea to go ahead and by a scanner tool but just thought I would ask and see if I'm missing anything

thanks

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Take it to autozone or somewhere like that and they can check it for you for free sometimes the key cycle thing doesent work for me either then sometimes it does

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can find an auto parts store to scan &clear your codes for free by all means, do.
If you can't, a code scanner is a great investment. Mine has paid for itself many times over.

OP
OP
elcid98

elcid98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the responses. I have the calipers, rotors off so I can replace the bad hub assembly; so its not really drivable. Yes, I just need to invest in one. Now If I can only get my axle off so I can get the hub assembly off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963