Issues with gf kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tapex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys,
Put a Ground Force lowering kit on my 2010 ram. Looks sweet, but not quite as seamless as a previous gf kit I put on a Dakota r/t. Wondering if anyone else has had these issues and what has been done to remedy the issues.

Truck sits 1” lower on the drivers side rear than the passenger side.

Feels like the rear end wags when going over a bumpy section on the highway.

Can’t get camber adjustment within spec on the passenger side.

Have big camber wear on drivers rear tire.

Front wheels rub on the sway bar at full lock... really wish I’d payed more attention when I put this kit on. Need to replace my tires now. Thinking I’ll swap out the 26s for 24s this time around.

Attachments

• D65DC762-F898-4AC4-B134-7BB1CF7ACD29.jpg
    D65DC762-F898-4AC4-B134-7BB1CF7ACD29.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 18

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hi guys,
Put a Ground Force lowering kit on my 2010 ram. Looks sweet, but not quite as seamless as a previous gf kit I put on a Dakota r/t. Wondering if anyone else has had these issues and what has been done to remedy the issues.

Truck sits 1” lower on the drivers side rear than the passenger side.

Feels like the rear end wags when going over a bumpy section on the highway.

Can’t get camber adjustment within spec on the passenger side.

Have big camber wear on drivers rear tire.

Front wheels rub on the sway bar at full lock... really wish I’d payed more attention when I put this kit on. Need to replace my tires now. �� Thinking I’ll swap out the 26s for 24s this time around.

You can try swapping the rear springs side to side,but doubt it'll change much,i ended up cutting some off the pass side spring when I was running the GF kit. Mine never came into spec on camber either. To fix the sway/wobble you'll want to look into a set of Illicit relocation brackets.When you drop these trucks with a 4 link set-up,rear steer starts to rear it's head as the rear suspension geometery goes out of whack,and the upper locating arms start to pull the diff towards the front when you hit a bump,and the rear end actually ***** itself sideways under the truck and starts trying to steer itself.You'll probably get all kinds of reconmendations to run a Hellwig swaybar/change tires/shocks etc. in an effort to cure the sway issue,but they're only Band-Aid fixes that don't actually address the rear steer issue,and you'll have spent a bunch of money that doesn't fix the issue. To fix the issue of the rear-end being moved towards the drivers side,you'll want either an adjustable trackbar,or you can look into the trackbar relocation bracket,if you decide on an adjustable trackbar,i recommend going with a Cutter-Up trackbar over the ****** Spohn trackbar,i had the Spohn bar to start with and it doesn't hold a candle to the Cutter-Up adjustable trackbar that I replaced it with.Check with Gary's Hemi,he spent a lot of money experimenting,trying to get rid of his sway issue,lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tapex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks wild one! Be nice to eliminate one of the issues. Found the illicit site. Looks like a pretty simple install. Where do you get the cutter-up track bar from? Are there specific fitments or is there a certain length you know of that I need to buy?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks wild one! Be nice to eliminate one of the issues. Found the illicit site. Looks like a pretty simple install. Where do you get the cutter-up track bar from? Are there specific fitments or is there a certain length you know of that I need to buy?

https://www.facebook.com/CutterupRob/

Check with Matt at Moes,i think he carries the Illicit relocation brackets

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Pm me with price for no cut brackets.

Who are you talking to? If you want a price on the brackets either check with Ryan at Illicit,or with Matt at Moes. Ryan had some uncoated brackets on sale a few days ago,that would save you some money.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can try swapping the rear springs side to side,but doubt it'll change much,i ended up cutting some off the pass side spring when I was running the GF kit. Mine never came into spec on camber either. To fix the sway/wobble you'll want to look into a set of Illicit relocation brackets.When you drop these trucks with a 4 link set-up,rear steer starts to rear it's head as the rear suspension geometery goes out of whack,and the upper locating arms start to pull the diff towards the front when you hit a bump,and the rear end actually ***** itself sideways under the truck and starts trying to steer itself.You'll probably get all kinds of reconmendations to run a Hellwig swaybar/change tires/shocks etc. in an effort to cure the sway issue,but they're only Band-Aid fixes that don't actually address the rear steer issue,and you'll have spent a bunch of money that doesn't fix the issue. To fix the issue of the rear-end being moved towards the drivers side,you'll want either an adjustable trackbar,or you can look into the trackbar relocation bracket,if you decide on an adjustable trackbar,i recommend going with a Cutter-Up trackbar over the ****** Spohn trackbar,i had the Spohn bar to start with and it doesn't hold a candle to the Cutter-Up adjustable trackbar that I replaced it with.Check with Gary's Hemi,he spent a lot of money experimenting,trying to get rid of his sway issue,lol.

Rick is SPOT ON here about the wobbling. Everybody suggested every part under the sun to fix the wobbling and all it did was cost me ALOT of money AND time. The Illicit or Inez brackets are the ONLY true fix for this. Everything else is a bandaid or not even that. Rick had been suggesting the brackets to me for a while but I was being hard headed and listening to every other suggestion. I now have zero wobbling or wheel hop.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also all the Rams sit lower on the driver's side than the passenger side. Even stock they do, just not as noticeable

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tapex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Gary. Glad I joined the forum to ask before I started throwing parts at it. I knew other people must be having the same issues.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI, I had zero issues with the GF kit on my truck with stock rims/rubber, I do have a helwig rear sway though.

100mph and no wag or loose feeling at all.

OP
OP
T

Tapex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put my winter wheels on now the weather has gotten worse. (Stock rims) no more rubbing on the front. :). Wag seems worse now, probably because there’s way more sidewalk to flex...and I drive it harder now I don’t have to worry about denting rims. Had a closer look at the rear today. Rear sway bar looks like it’s twisted. Think I will jack it up and inspect a little closer on my next days off. Saw on another forum that a guy had drilled a new hole to relocate the track bar closer to level. Thinking I could give that a go. He went straight up but I’m thinking I could go up and over to pull the rear end close to center. Anyone tried that?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I put my winter wheels on now the weather has gotten worse. (Stock rims) no more rubbing on the front. :). Wag seems worse now, probably because there’s way more sidewalk to flex...and I drive it harder now I don’t have to worry about denting rims. Had a closer look at the rear today. Rear sway bar looks like it’s twisted. Think I will jack it up and inspect a little closer on my next days off. Saw on another forum that a guy had drilled a new hole to relocate the track bar closer to level. Thinking I could give that a go. He went straight up but I’m thinking I could go up and over to pull the rear end close to center. Anyone tried that?

I've re-drilled the trackbar mounts on both my last ( 2) 4th Gens. I moved the drivers side mount down slightly and the pass side mount upwards to get the bar back to level after lowering. If you're good with a tape measure,you could probably move the pass side mount up and over slightly to bring the housing back to center under the truck.

OP
OP
T

Tapex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've re-drilled the trackbar mounts on both my last ( 2) 4th Gens. I moved the drivers side mount down slightly and the pass side mount upwards to get the bar back to level after lowering. If you're good with a tape measure,you could probably move the pass side mount up and over slightly to bring the housing back to center under the truck.

Did this mod make any improvement with the wag? Seems to make sense that it would help out a bit as it would help square everything up again? Contemplating giving it a shot before I drop a bunch more coin into it on parts. Thinking there’s not much to lose besides about an hour of time.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Did this mod make any improvement with the wag? Seems to make sense that it would help out a bit as it would help square everything up again? Contemplating giving it a shot before I drop a bunch more coin into it on parts. Thinking there’s not much to lose besides about an hour of time.

Nope didn't cure much,but it's worth a shot.It's a crap shoot with these trucks when you lower them. Some guys have no issues,and the next guy can't keep the truck between the lines at speed,or has wheelhop bad enough to break parts. My biggest issue was wheelhop that'd knock the fillings out of your teeth,but I had a buddy with the same basic set-up on his truck,and at 100 mph it was scary following him,as the truck was wiggling the ass end bad enough you could see the truck walking itself around on the pavement,but he had no wheelhop.