Jax wax or adams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately the time is coming up quick. The time to winterize the trucks finish. I have been using adams products since I bought the truck back in January, but I've been hearing a lot of talk about jax wax and even talked to the owners of a local dealer of jax wax at a car show. The pricing on all of their products is really appealing, but usually if it's cheaper it's not better. Or is it? What is your guys preference? All jax wax, all adams, or a little of both? Would love to hear some input here. Thanks. 387498b2878993155c1621bc3acc1c03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have never used Adams, but I can speak for JaxWax.

I've known the owner, Jared for several several years now and love their products. All their products are made here in the U.S. in Columbus, Ohio. A bonus for me is it take me less than 10 minutes to drive to their factory/store and pick up the products I need! I've seen them make some of the products first hand, which is really cool.

I just recently had my 17' truck ceramic coated by the owner. I dropped it off on Friday, his buffer guy spent around 15hrs removing swirls (I was shocked that a brand new truck had swirls - the owner showed me my truck under light beforehand and you could see swirls everywhere), and then Jared applied the ceramic coating on Sunday. I picked my baby up Monday and she look beautiful!

One other thing about their products is they smell good! [emoji16][emoji106]

I might be a bit biased towards there products, but they are truly great quality and made in the U.S. (local to me). Some folks at my work have been using Chemical Guys and never heard of JaxWax; I told them about it, showed them the products and they were impressed. Now they are buying locally!

EDIT: Here is the link to my Ceramic Coating post.

Another update: Ceramic Coating on 2017 RAM Sport!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...orum.com/showthread.php?t=105087&share_type=t
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RAMdrvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just recently had my 17' truck ceramic coated by the owner. I dropped it off on Friday, his buffer guy spent around 15hrs removing swirls (I was shocked that a brand new truck had swirls - the owner showed me my truck under light beforehand and you could see swirls everywhere),

If the wash monkeys at the dealership washed your truck before they handed you the keys, it's inevitable that there will be swirl marks in the paint. They could care less about your new vehicle.

SD38-2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm a fan of Adams, I have never used Jax wax. A friend out mine uses jax wax on his 1972 Chevy C10 show truck and swears by it. I used mothers products for years until recently I switched to Adams and love their products.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Adams is an exceptionally good product line. Also, their forums and customer service are extremely useful. Great vids too. I have yet to run into a paint correction problem they could not get me sorted for. Sure, the products are expensive, but you get what you pay for. I have not tried Chemical Bros, JaxWax, or Professional line of Meguiers, etc. I can tell you hands down, by following the Adams methodology, you will be so impressed with the results. I have neighbors asking me if I am a professional detailer because they see the care, the method and the results I take and get. There is also a customer guarantee on Adams. Bottom line, that product line just works. There is even a video or 2 on their website about winterization.

Good luck in keeping your truck beautiful!

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want a wax that will last all winter, there's only one option. Collinite 476S.

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
option c. Collinite 845 LOL

use 1 time, you will forget about those other brands.

Collinite 845 is amazing

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Thanks guys for the kind words & buying our products!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't personally use Adams products, however, I will say that since I have been a member and since I have been actively involved in this section, the representatives from Adams have been a real class act. They answer question promptly, they have good information they are more than willing to share with members and they have NEVER said anything derogatory about another brand of detail products. Very impressed with their professional demeanor.
Thanks for the help!!!!!
Jay

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like how they don't overhype anything.

*cough*chemical guys *cough*

RT-SCAT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a big fan of Adams. I have been detailing as a side gig for about 10 years now. The product is amazing! That's all I use.

scottellis1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can say I've met Adam. Good dude. The difference between the two is Jax Wax comes from the professional side. Well before they released it to the public it was only sold to professional detailer and car dealers where time and results are money. I know Jack, Jared and the bunch personally. They MAKE all their products, and will not comprise on the product. Jw for life! Easy to use. Great results.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For years I was a dyed in the wool Meguiar's fan, still am. But when the cold19 lockdowns hit it became hard for me to get the products that seemed to be in the US only. I started to expand and was hit with the reality of just how big the detail world is. And I grew... alot. There are soooo many great brands and products out there. I am a believer in looking at everyone. Try some products from here and there. Join Autogeek forum and read some threads by some really experienced folks. It's amazing just how many...amazing products there are.
Head over to Carzilla and click on brands. 1000's and 1000's of products.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For years I was a dyed in the wool Meguiar's fan, still am. But when the cold19 lockdowns hit it became hard for me to get the products that seemed to be in the US only. I started to expand and was hit with the reality of just how big the detail world is. And I grew... alot. There are soooo many great brands and products out there. I am a believer in looking at everyone. Try some products from here and there. Join Autogeek forum and read some threads by some really experienced folks. It's amazing just how many...amazing products there are.
Head over to Carzilla and click on brands. 1000's and 1000's of products.
Meguiars really has not caught up with the rest of the detailing world. I still use from time to time 105 and 205, but that is it for compounds. I used 101 a lot, but that got discontinued last year... My three go to brands are Koch Chemie first, Angel Wax second, and then Carpro 3rd.

aces-n-eights

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Meguiars really has not caught up with the rest of the detailing world. I still use from time to time 105 and 205, but that is it for compounds. I used 101 a lot, but that got discontinued last year... My three go to brands are Koch Chemie first, Angel Wax second, and then Carpro 3rd.
Not Undrdog, Treb?

Nico70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me, I used Adams on my 2021 Bighorn, I just turned it in and picked up a 24 Rebel, I will continue to stick with adams, my saying is the saying we have all heard before, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But, that's just my opinion, for all I know, it could be the worst one out there, but I'm happy with it.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, I look at my cabinet and see alot of products, lol, addiction.
Meguiars (cause they brought me into the hobby), Carpro, Gyeon, Bilt Hamber, 3D, Sonax, Koch Chemie, Rupes, Xtreme Solutions, Polish Angel, P&S, Kamikaze, Jescar. Thats a quick glance over. Yep, addiction.