Just bought a 2001 Ram 1500.. Anyone know where i can check car history for free?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FunkTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L V6 MPI
Hello im new here. I just bout myself my first Dodge ram its a 2001. Does anyone know where i can get a free or super cheap car report on the car. the sites i seen were not free but all said it has 13 reports and that kind of worries me. if anyone know where i can get the history of the car for cheap to see if i got ripped off or not that would be great

Paid 4500$ for it want to know if i was ripped off or not

VIN: 1B7HC16X81S189863
Year: 2001
Make: Dodge
Model: Ram 1500 Laramie SLT / ST / WS

Style / Body: Regular Cab 2D
Engine: 3.9L V6 MPI
Country of Assembly: United States

Thanks for any and all help

fonzyn75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
did u buy it at a dealer or a private seller?

albertschmitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Report Summary
VIN: 1B7HC16X81S189863
Year: 2001
Make: Dodge
Model: Ram 1500 Laramie SLT / ST / WS
Style/Body: Regular Cab 2D
Class: Pickup - Full Sized
Engine: 3.9L V6 MPI
Country of Assembly: United States
Vehicle Age: 12 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 1

AccidentCheck
Reported Accidents: 1

Title and ProblemCheck
Your vehicle checks out!

OdometerCheck
Your vehicle checks out!
Last Reported Odometer Reading: 85,379

Vehicle Use and EventCheck
Specific vehicle use(s) or events reported
This vehicle's AutoCheck Score

The AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history. It lets you compare similar vehicles with ease.
About the AutoCheck Score
This vehicle qualifies for Buyback Protection

Safeguard your investment with AutoCheck Buyback Protection. It reduces the risk in buying a used vehicle.
About Buyback Protection
View Full History

AccidentCheck

Not all accidents /issues are reported to AutoCheck
Information Reported! AutoCheck shows accidents reported to AutoCheck for this 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT / ST / WS (1B7HC16X81S189863).Below you will find the date that the accident was first reported to AutoCheck and the location where it was reported. Not all accidents or damage events are reported to AutoCheck.

Accidents Reported on This Vehicle
Accident No. Date First Reported Location
1 11/01/2006 CA
Reported accidents or damage events are a result of vehicle collisions or other noncollision incidents such as vandalism or theft. Not all accidents or damage events are reported to AutoCheck.

Title and ProblemCheck

Your vehicle checks out! AutoCheck's database for this 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT / ST / WS (1B7HC16X81S189863) shows no negative titles or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems, and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and EventCheck for reported accidents that can affect vehicle safety and value.

0 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
No abandoned title record
No damaged title or major damage incident record
No fire damaged title record
No grey market title record
No hail damage title record
No insurance loss title or possible total loss record
No junk or scrapped title record
No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
No odometer problem title record
No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
No salvage title or salvage auction record
No water damaged title record
No NHTSA crash test record
No frame damage record
No recycling facility record
OdometerCheck

Your vehicle checks out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT / ST / WS (1B7HC16X81S189863) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.

0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
22 12/09/2000
68864 01/03/2008
69058 01/10/2008
78744 12/28/2009
85221 02/20/2012
85379 03/20/2012
Vehicle Use and EventCheck

Information Reported! AutoCheck shows additional information reported to AutoCheck about how this this 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT / ST / WS (1B7HC16X81S189863)has been used and other events.This includes reported vehicle uses such as rental or lease, and events such as whether the vehicle has been reported to have had a loan/lien or a duplicate title issued. Other events show if the vehicle has a reported accident and how many calculated accidents or if it has been reported stolen or repossessed. AutoCheck It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.

0 Event(s) Reported: 6 Vehicle uses checked:
No fleet, rental and/or lease record
No taxi use record
No police use record
No government use record
No livery use record
No driver education record
3 Event(s) Reported: 9 Vehicle events checked:
1 Accident record(s) reported through accident data sources
No corrected title record
No duplicate title record
Emission/safety title record(s)
Loan/Lien record(s)
No fire damage incident record
No repossessed record
No theft record
No storm area registration/title record
Full History

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date: 2013-03-24 16:12:35:604 CDT

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT / ST / WS (1B7HC16X81S189863)

Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
12/09/2000 CA 22 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
01/09/2001 DOWNEY, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
01/11/2001 DOWNEY, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
(Lien Reported)
04/24/2003 DOWNEY, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
11/01/2006 CA State Agency ACCIDENT REPORTED, Event Date is date reported to AutoCheck
02/16/2007 DOWNEY, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
03/01/2007 DOWNEY, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
(Lien Reported)
01/03/2008 CA 68864 State Agency FAILED EMISSION INSPECTION
01/10/2008 CA 69058 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
12/28/2009 CA 78744 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
02/20/2012 CA 85221 State Agency FAILED EMISSION INSPECTION
03/20/2012 CA 85379 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
This Vehicle's Glossary

Below are the specific definitions for events that appear in this vehicle's report.
More information is available in the full AutoCheck glossary.

Term Section Location Definition
Loan/Lien Vehicle User and EventCheck A loan/lien is the legal right to take and hold or sell the vehicle of a debtor as security or payment for a debt. Normally, a vehicle will have a lien due to a loan or unpaid repair bill against the vehicle.
Accident Data Vehicle User and EventCheck Reported accidents or damage events are a result of vehicle collisions or other non-collision incidents such as vandalism or theft. Not all accidents or damage events are reported to AutoCheck. It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.
Emission/Safety Inspection Vehicle User and EventCheck An approved emission testing station has inspected the vehicle to measure the amount of pollutants the vehicle emits into the environment.

AutoCheck vehicle history report Terms and Conditions
This report, and any reliance upon it, is subject to AutoCheck Terms and Conditions. If you obtained the report from a dealer, the dealer has been provided with these Terms & Conditions and can share them with you. These AutoCheck Terms and Conditions are also available at any time at AutoCheck Terms and Conditions or by writing to Experian: Experian Automotive C/O AutoCheck Customer Service 955 American Lane Schaumburg IL 60173

AutoCheck Buyback Protection Terms and Conditions
This vehicle (1B7HC16X81S189863) qualifies for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. If you obtained the report from a dealer, the dealer has been provided with the terms and can share them with you. These Buyback Protection Terms and Conditions are also available to you at any time at Welcome to AutoCheck or by writing to Experian: Experian Automotive C/O AutoCheckCustomer Service 955 American Lane Schaumburg IL 60173

About AutoCheck
AutoCheck vehicle history reports by Experian Automotive is the leading vehicle history reporting service. With expert data handling, the Experian Automotive database houses over 4 billion records on a half a billion vehicles. Every AutoCheck vehicle history report will give you confidence when buying or selling your next used vehicle, with superior customer service every step of the way.

K.Adkins_22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where were you able to get all that from? I'd like to check my new one also

Sent from my treestand

Faniman57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Id like to check my VIN as well. Only had her for a little over a month