Just bought my first Dodge... I mean RAM...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
newb here howdy hi

I just special ordered a 2016 2500 Regular Cab SLT, 6.4, 4.10's with a bunch of options. Black Forest Green with Canyon Brown Interior. I must say, these new RAM's aren't like the old Dodge trucks of the 80's and early 90's when I sold Fords.

Wifey doesn't like Fords or the local Ford dealer. I won't buy a Govnmt Motors rig plus I don't like the trucks. Toyota Tundras are nice and the most American made truck but no 3/4 ton which left RAM. I really like these trucks. My biggest beef is they are assembled in Mexico...sigh.... I got the Affiliates Rewards deal and locked in at least $3000 in rebates. I'm pretty excited. Now I wait.:)

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard. I'm tossing around the idea of trading up to one now. But I've sunk enough money into mine lately. To easily change my mind on that.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
......... My biggest beef is they are assembled in Mexico...sigh.... )

Quality of the Mexican built RAM trucks rates are higher than the USA built ones. So you gained something there.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
newb here howdy hi

I just special ordered a 2016 2500 Regular Cab SLT, 6.4, 4.10's with a bunch of options. Black Forest Green with Canyon Brown Interior.

Black forest green is the fastest color they make. And the Canyon Brown interior easily adds an additional 200 lbs of tongue weight to your truck's capacity. Board member Ramcares may be able to confirm these claims...:naughty:

that's the combo I have. Adds up to one handsome truck. Congrats!

Toyota Tundras are nice and the most American made truck.

Ironic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snyd

Snyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Black forest green is the fastest color they make. And the Canyon Brown interior easily adds an additional 200 lbs of tongue weight to your truck's capacity. Board member Ramcares may be able to confirm these claims...:naughty:

that's the combo I have. Adds up to one handsome truck. Congrats!

Ironic.

Ya, when I sold Fords we also sold Toyotas. They were all made in Japan back then. Then they built a Camry plant in the US. In 2005 we bought a Toyota Matrix AWD, still have it. It's a good little car. Funny, it was assembled in Canada next to the Pontiac Vibe at a GM plant. GM and Toyota have been married for years. In fact some of the old Landcruiser motor parts were chevy parts, or vice versa.

When I was 16 I rolled my mom's Fiat 850 Spider. Her mechanic was happy cuz he didn't have to work on it anymore. Now here I am 40 years later buying a Fiat, Chrysler, Dodge, RAM made in Mexico. :crazy:

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah, I remember in the early 2000's searching out a 4runner with a VIN that started with a "J" since some were still built in Japan, some in US. Don't hate me, but I think, I among many others were convinced the Japan built ones were still better.

Sure your new RAM is being custom assembled in Mexico, but if its any thing like my Mexican Italian, it'll be pretty darn well put together. Mine has less random dangly wires and no unconnected fuel vacuum lines unlike my prior 2014 1500 assembled in Michigan. ENJOY!

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome...and where is the pics!!

**Truck name: Rampage**