Just did the H11 to H9 conversion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Its worth it, on my list to do to my 2019 Classic.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Right on. So just to recap. When swapping but still keeping Halogens the switches are as follows?
Low Beam H11 to H9
High Beam 9005 to 9011
Fog Lamps 9006 to 9011

Are these correct numbers for a ‘18 quad headlight setup?
I know I can’t go led because of the Canbus ********. I’m also not a lighting expert either.

I’d love to have all leds but am really unsure of how to go about it without any codes.
The factory lights on my 2500 really suck. And appears to be worse now that I leveled it with a 2.75” kit.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 2500 4x4 C/C Off Road.

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would this work on 2009 model trucks?

I’ve tried LEDs before (turn signal) and it was no good. Hyperflash symptom

Thanks.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run the H9's as well, GREAT upgrade for the effort and money! I did a quick web search and found some H11 to H9 conversion harness to plug and play and not have to trim the base tabs...works fantastic and was as easy as replacing the bulbs. I also upgraded the high beams to 9011 (HIR1) and the foglamps to 9012 (HIR2), also GREAT upgrades!!! I have a very considerable increase in light output now! ;-)

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run the H9's as well, GREAT upgrade for the effort and money! I did a quick web search and found some H11 to H9 conversion harness to plug and play and not have to trim the base tabs...works fantastic and was as easy as replacing the bulbs. I also upgraded the high beams to 9011 (HIR1) and the foglamps to 9012 (HIR2), also GREAT upgrades!!! I have a very considerable increase in light output now! ;-)
Do you have a link to the H11 to H9 harness?

Jbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the use of that harness leave a ton of slack in your factory wiring to the headlamps?

It goes between the connector and the bulb and is entirely contained under the weatherproofing cap. The connector between the vehicle and the headlamp assembly is unchanged.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I need This! Trimming those tabs was such an easy, yet pain in the ass job.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just did this mod. Just zipped a slot in the connector with my Dremel...looking forward to the results tonight.

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
ok, im reading this and head is spinning a mile a minute, factory quads, i understand the low beam swap you need to cut the tab or buy the connector harness, what about the high beams, and mods needed to make em fit? and whats the "best" bulb brand/model to buy?

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok, im reading this and head is spinning a mile a minute, factory quads, i understand the low beam swap you need to cut the tab or buy the connector harness, what about the high beams, and mods needed to make em fit? and whats the "best" bulb brand/model to buy?
For my use, I didnt mod the high beams, just matched bulb mfg/ 5100k so they were the same temp as low beams. I rarely use high beams, so it was kind of a waste to mess with it.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Same as thunder mug in my instance. The low beam swap made a noticeable difference and I only used cheap Sylvania 15$ bulbs. I'd start with the low beams and see if they suffice. The light output is enough I was happy, with them especially for the cost. I'm sure a hotter silverstar bulb would be even better, but I drive alot in the dark so I wanted the longer life span of the normal bulbs. I have a tradesman as well so no fog lights yet, those will be added here soon as I feel I'll use fogs more often than high beams, especially an amber color for the nasty weather where a bright white bulb actually hinders sight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
For my use, I didnt mod the high beams, just matched bulb mfg/ 5100k so they were the same temp as low beams. I rarely use high beams, so it was kind of a waste to mess with it.

I’m using my high beams a lot on my way home from work (live kinda in the middle of no where, and coming home 25 miles at 2am with minimal traffic (see maybe 10 cars on a busy night) and once I’m about 6 miles from work, next to no street lights, it’s nice to have extra light to see them critters that can total your truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I was gonna grab the h9’s and 9012’s at Walmart. But they didn’t have them in stock, so guess I’ll have to amazon them next week, they had the bulbs for my corolla in stock thou [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk