Just Joined from the UK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rommel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Hi Guys
Just joined the group. Hope to make some new friends and get some great advice.... :happy107:

We have a Dodge Ram D350 4 door crew cab long bed 5.9 V8 and we love him....

I'm not sure if he has had some work done to the motor or not because he really flies for the size. Easily as quick as my Jeep Commander 5.7 Hemi, which is a bit scary on UK country roads.
Only issue we have at the moment is when he's hot he bangs into gear at stop signs before setting off unless i am really gentle on the gas and move off really really slowly. He's fine when cold. Level in box is good though.

Any help on that appreciated..

Take care for now and speak soon

Steve

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
have you checked the transmission fluid level with the trans in neutral? that is one of the biggest things people don't do. also if it takes off good it could have put a different torque converter in it that had a different stall speed.

OP
OP
Rommel

Rommel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Thanks for the reply. Checked him in neutral when hot this morning. Level was spot on.
Cheers

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
does the fluid look and smell good? also have you checked the universal joints? also have you inspected the motor mounts?

OP
OP
Rommel

Rommel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Hi again. The fluid looks nice and clean and doesn't smell burnt at all. The tranny oil pan has a leak though which I will have to get a new gasket for so I will probably change the filters etc at the same time. I will check motor mounts and UJ's. I did notice a slight UJ vibration starting to appear driving it yesterday. Just a fine buzz type vibe. I have run jeeps for many years so am quite familiar with the UJ issues. Thanks for all the pointers I will let you know how I go on with him. He's spent most of his time while here in the UK trundling around a USAF base and has around 70,000 miles on the clock so hopefully shouldn't be a big gearbox problem. Oh he only does this when he gets up to normal running temperature. Absolutely fine when cold or for about the first 15 miles of driving somewhere... Have a great day......
Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye