Just rambling on my thoughts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For years, ever since I was able to comprehend that I loved cars and was dreaming of my first car. I would do what most car nuts would do...build in their head what their dream car would be.

Now I grew up in the 70's and 80's with a father that worked at Chrysler here in Delaware. at that time they were building the Aspen/Volare and then the K cars (Aries/Reliant).

I would sit in school drawing those cars and modifying them on paper to see what i could come up with. I wanted to make them different than what anyone else had,this went on for years.

before i started driving maybe 2 years, my father had a 78 Dodge D150 2wd truck that was in great condition that i was dreaming of sometime getting. I sat for hours trying to decide how to modify it to me liking... well he sold it before i was able to drive.

Well I still have those ideas that i would love to do. now since 78 there has been what 4 generations of Dodge trucks, but my ideas are the same just wanting to apply them to the current Ram. now i just need to find the time/money/location to complete my idea's.

here is my idea.

Back in the late 70's 80's the trucks had several tu-tone color combinations that could have been ordered.(now its just 1 way)

I have always loved the black and silver tu-tone combo. I would have the silver down the side of the truck from the molding up to just above the door handles.

I would start with a fresh Black 2009-2013 2wd regular cab/long bed sport/RT(which you can no longer get) Painted bumpers with dual exhaust,Hard bed cover,20 inch wheels(or 22') lowered a few inches. windows tinted. and a few other things...

I know its do-able but being able to do it with little actual acquiring all of the parts needed to do it.

my issue would be ordering a long bed sport. for 2013 the long bed only comes in a Tradesman and an SLT, both with chrome bumpers. neither one is available with the dual exhaust.

what's your opinion with that idea??

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Buy the Tradesman, add the sport front bumper, get the dual exhaust bumper and add the exhaust of your choice....simple fix.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
^^^^
Basically what he said