Just wanted to toss this out there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jljbtm

Reaction score
As I'm not in any JEEP forum but felt maybe someone here knows about this since jeeps are a close cousin to Chrysler.
My daughter has a 2011 jeep grand cherokee with low (40,0000)miles.
It developed a leak from under the radiator so she took it to a shop in her town (NH) I'm in Cleveland and they told her the condenser was cracked? and need a new condenser. So she called to tell me and said they want to replace the condenser? I said you must have that mixed up with the radiator cause the condenser is only for a/c and she said the a/c works fine. So i said call them back and get clarification, we'll she did and told me that this car is rare and that the transmission cooler Al's runs through this condenser? I've never heard of it? Anyone else here?
Thx. Jack (Dad)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Radiators have a reservoir tank on both sides...One side is for the trans cooler system...The other side is for the engine oil cooler system... Go to autozone.com and type in the year, make, model, and look at the radiator, you will see the black tanks on either side of the alum radiator...

It may also have a remote oil/trans cooler that is finned and looks like a condenser

Some also have remote power steering coolers...

Last edited:

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are correct. On those, the a/c condenser and the trans cooler are the same unit. It is pretty common for them to leak. I've replaced a bunch of them.

They do not use a cooler inside the radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My cummins had the trans cooler combined with the ac condenser.

OP
OP
jljbtm

jljbtm

Reaction score
Yeah that's what they were trying to tell me but I've never seen one. So the condenser cools the transmission oil?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Toyota does this as well, half is now the transmission cooler, the other is the ac condensor. Its very common now to make 1 "radiator" fit 2-3 jobs. It saves a ton of space and brackets.

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are correct. On those, the a/c condenser and the trans cooler are the same unit. It is pretty common for them to leak. I've replaced a bunch of them.

They do not use a cooler inside the radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My buddy just changed the same thing on his 2008 Nitro.. first time I've seen a double duty cooler

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Greg Seymour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008, 2009, 2012, 2013
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was told that on my 8 ram. They told me that it is not repairable and I needed a new radiator. I built the 5.7 with a lot of HP and I am putting a custom radiator back in. I do not know if I really needed to replace the radiator like they said. I did because I needed better cooling.