K20 to W250 bumper

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Walter Joy, Nov 17, 2016.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. Walter Joy

Walter Joy Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9L (360) TBI V8
    It's been a few weeks since I've posted, but the truck is close to completion. Earlier today I came across an offer on an older Warn or Ramsey winch bumper that a guy on the West Coast was getting rid off. However, two problems have come up. 1) He's on the west coast and I'm in Maryland. And more importantly 2) it's mounted on a 1972 Chevrolet K20. I don't know how much of a difference there is between the dimensions on my 89 W250 and his 72 K20, but I'm guessing it will need some modifications. If so, what mods will I need to prepare to do and what will be the best route to execute them?

Attached Files:

2. crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
    well i don't know what you welding skills are like but in the end the bumper is just metal. you could always cut and weld new mounts on it to make it work with your truck. you could aways ask the guy what the distance is between the mounts and compare it to your trucks frame. i wouldn't be surprised if they were close to same width. if you are a good enough welder you could probably fab your own. i know my buddy built the bumpers he put on his truck and they look pretty good for the most part.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016