Katzin seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hey guys have a 2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn. Probably going to do the front and rear seats. Black with Lapis insert silver stitching and ram head. Going to be about 1400 with install. I know a lot of you guys have it done just looking for feed back and your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Well worth it. Decent price. I think I paid $1250 installed for 2tone. You are gonna love it.

OP
OP
brandonc1884@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Well worth it. Decent price. I think I paid $1250 installed for 2tone. You are gonna love it.

If you have any pics would appreciate it. Ya the price is a 100 more to have the ram head embroidered. So 1300 without it.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Put mine in the summer of 2016 and they still look great. I agree, you'll love em.

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
I love the Katskin leather seats. I don't remember what I paid to have them put in, but I do know I got a little bit of a discount getting them done through the car dealership before I picked my truck up. Mine are gray with black stitching. 993c0eb1bcc28c73312b96dc7ef1d9dd.jpgd0394cda50bfa9065daada7564075cd3.jpg

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Wow, they are really nice

guess if you have to ask how much you can't afford it

OP
OP
brandonc1884@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I love the Katskin leather seats. I don't remember what I paid to have them put in, but I do know I got a little bit of a discount getting them done through the car dealership before I picked my truck up. Mine are gray with black stitching. 993c0eb1bcc28c73312b96dc7ef1d9dd.jpgd0394cda50bfa9065daada7564075cd3.jpg
Looks good just like they came from the factory.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not trying to take over the thread but figured its a decent place to ask.

Im looking at getting custom Katzkin covers. My '17 Big Horn Quad Cab is bright white with the diesel gray/black interior. I have the Katzkins narrowed down to:

Lapis gray body, Alabaster/Java Barracuda combo, either lapis gray or alabaster stitching
Lapis gray body, Black/Red Barracuda combo, either lapis gray, black or cardinal red stitching
Lapis gray body, Cardinal red (perforated) combo, either lapis gray or cardinal red stitching

Lapis matches the existing gray the best I can tell.

The Barracuda stuff is kinda like a square perforation, the first color is the outer color and the second color is what you see inside the perforations. Alabaster matches the trim above the dash board line: pull handles, headliner, etc.

Combo means its straight down the center of the seat cushion (between the thigh bolsters) and goes about halfway up the back of the seatback.

Suggestions? Im really torn on any of the 3:

I think the Alabaster combo would look good because its light so it almost matches the white exterior and does actually match a color that already exists inside the truck. Also nice is that it shouldnt be as hot as black.

Black/red barracuda just because I like the red touch, but black will suck in the sun (truck is parked outside 24/7). Im almost completely eliminating this option off the list but figured Id ask.

Cardinal red - my G37 has red seats and cardinal matches it. I think it would look great with the gray, it isnt too dark so it shouldnt get too hot. The only thing is that it introduces another color into the interior...not a HORRIBLE thing, actually, but I just wonder if Id be better off not adding another color.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

OP
OP
brandonc1884@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
not trying to take over the thread but figured its a decent place to ask.

Im looking at getting custom Katzkin covers. My '17 Big Horn Quad Cab is bright white with the diesel gray/black interior. I have the Katzkins narrowed down to:

Lapis gray body, Alabaster/Java Barracuda combo, either lapis gray or alabaster stitching
Lapis gray body, Black/Red Barracuda combo, either lapis gray, black or cardinal red stitching
Lapis gray body, Cardinal red (perforated) combo, either lapis gray or cardinal red stitching

Lapis matches the existing gray the best I can tell.

The Barracuda stuff is kinda like a square perforation, the first color is the outer color and the second color is what you see inside the perforations. Alabaster matches the trim above the dash board line: pull handles, headliner, etc.

Combo means its straight down the center of the seat cushion (between the thigh bolsters) and goes about halfway up the back of the seatback.

Suggestions? Im really torn on any of the 3:

I think the Alabaster combo would look good because its light so it almost matches the white exterior and does actually match a color that already exists inside the truck. Also nice is that it shouldnt be as hot as black.

Black/red barracuda just because I like the red touch, but black will suck in the sun (truck is parked outside 24/7). Im almost completely eliminating this option off the list but figured Id ask.

Cardinal red - my G37 has red seats and cardinal matches it. I think it would look great with the gray, it isnt too dark so it shouldnt get too hot. The only thing is that it introduces another color into the interior...not a HORRIBLE thing, actually, but I just wonder if Id be better off not adding another color.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
I have the same interior in mine I believe. The lapis is the closet to mine as well. My truck is black and there is a lot of black in the interior. I'm not doing the barricuda just perforations small holes in the insert/middle of seat. Send a pic

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
brandonc1884@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Love the gray just afraid if I choose to go that route they’re going to end up always filthy sort of like beige leather which I vowed to never get again get I have to stick to black :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alabaster/java: https://www.katzkinvis.com/interior...260.722227870.1518206606-209039085.1518206606 Instead of the black outer portion, it would be lapis gray

Black/red: https://www.katzkinvis.com/interior...331.722227870.1518206606-209039085.1518206606 The black/red would continue down the center of the bottom seat cushion

I dont have a pic of the cardinal red (yet...Ill try to dig one up).

My vote is #2, but that's with out seeing the Cardinal red. My reason is that while #1 looks elegant & high class, #2 looks like a custom, one off color combo. If it matches your interior the way you like, then that would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
Love the gray just afraid if I choose to go that route they’re going to end up always filthy sort of like beige leather which I vowed to never get again get I have to stick to black :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've had them for 10 months with no issues with filthy seats yet. Of course we all have different lifestyles so that makes a difference. My job isn't dirty so I don't bring in a lot of dirt. I did buy some easy on and off seat covers for when the dogs go with me or I'm going to be working in dirt/yard which I do quite a bit in the Spring and Summer.

Good luck with your purchase!
89248facb07793d1c0565ed163c7b8da.jpg

OP
OP
brandonc1884@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Well guys if the place that is gonna install them will ever get back to me on the final price I will be ordering them. I will upload pics when and if I get them installed customer service now days.