kids in the rear seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cody mummert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey
not sure what to search to see if anyone has done anything like this but my girls are 7 an 5 and when they are sitting in their car seats they keep wanting to put their feet on front edge of the seat so their legs dont hang. i was thinking about building some sort of stool to put back there for them any thoughts ?

Gordinho80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Subscribing... my daughter is 2 1/2 and she keeps putting her feet up against the back of the front seat... I’m sure as she gets older she’ll be trying to put them up on the edge of the rear seat too...

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^^^^This was my very first thought!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Can you put the fold flat down, then put the lower cushion back down?

OP
OP
cody mummert

cody mummert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that was my thoughts too after i wrote this ill have to give that a try !

OP
OP
cody mummert

cody mummert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well I tried the floor.. it works for my oldest she can now touch and may youngest said she liked it and that she will grow more tomorrow so she might be able to touch then lol i love that kid so. in all yes you can fold the floors out and put the seats back down. and it does help get them to have a place to rest their feet !

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I try to tell mine the same thing. Middle one has her feet on the back of mine and the younger keeps putting her feet on the back window instead of the seat cover. :p

Might try the fold-out as well, see if it helps least the older one any. But we sometimes have our teenager, my wife, or mother-in-law in the middle so in that case can't use it.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Subbed. My boys are 3 & 5 and do the same thing. I put the seat protectors on the back of the seats but they always manage to get their feet on the unprotected part of the seat.

So if you don't have the fold flat floor, any ideas??

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Leather or vinyl seat covers as they're the easiest to clean. Leather and kids in the truck especially without the ventilated seat is the best. Moist rag clean up the mess easy. The ventilated are a bit of a pain with stuff sticking in the perforations. The load floor thing is great for their comfort though once they can reach, but the little ones will still step all over the seat climbing in and out.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Subscribing... my daughter is 2 1/2 and she keeps putting her feet up against the back of the front seat... I’m sure as she gets older she’ll be trying to put them up on the edge of the rear seat too...
crew cab fixes that