lamp out light is glitchy

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by whitetruck, Oct 18, 2016.

1. whitetruck

whitetruck Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    04 - 2500-5.9 have a problem with the lamp out light coming on and pinging noise to accompany the lit up alert, checked all lights, all working, took to dealer
    explaining problem, dealer could not find problem after checking all connections,
    searching thru the computer but could not figure this problem out but was able to charge 200 bucks for the search, they said it was a first and national data base had no record of similar occurances. and to please let them know if someone found out the problem, I had to laugh, did they want me to find a shade tree mechanic who could solve the problem when a certified dodge mech is unable? anyone have this gremlin
    visit their vehicle?

2. bulrid8

bulrid8 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Check the tail lights. My O2 was doing it too. I pulled the bulbs and put some bulb grease on them. Fixed it for most part. Will still do it once in a while. I get out and smack twilight housings. That will fix for a while. I am going to change the circuit boards next. Seems to do it more when air is moist. I can go weeks or months in between it happening.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

3. Joe.G

Joe.G Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I had the same issue and It was the Tail light harness plug., I took the plug off and put the new plug on and there was no need to cut or splice any wires.