Laramie Interior Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Well I did it! (Driver side done, passenger side is almost identical process, in the mail)

Huge thanks to Benny for supplying the parts needed and answering all of my questions throughout this project!

The part numbers for the door panel bezel with leds are listed on post #31 of this thread.

Stock sport handle bezel vs laramie bezel with led
IMG_7727_zpstbahvjp7.jpg

Behind the door panel is your door module brain that controls everything (mirrors, windows, etc).
IMG_7731_zpsqnlmdbtr.jpg

C5 connector is what you want to use
IMG_7736_zpspna7tibu.jpg

The new led comes with a plug on the end that I snipped off immediately. What you're left with is a positive and negative wire, pretty basic. I soldered an extension 20 awg wire to it then on the other end soldered a connector pin so that I could populate the C5 connector. Huge thanks to Benny for this info! I looked ALL over for days and came up with nothing. You want to populate pin 3 and 9. Make sure you test which wire goes to what pin before you make it permanent. To test it just put the pins in and twist the headlights on, if the led turns on youre good to go. If it doesnt swap them and try again.
IMG_7743_zpsvzeatlbe.jpg

IMG_7747_zpsgvinbo0p.jpg

:happy107:

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sharp! Would like to see some nighttime pictures too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
[emoji54] fancy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naydolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well I did it! (Driver side done, passenger side is almost identical process, in the mail)

Huge thanks to Benny for supplying the parts needed and answering all of my questions throughout this project!

The part numbers for the door panel bezel with leds are listed on post #31 of this thread.

IMG_7727_zpstbahvjp7.jpg

Behind the door panel is your door module brain that controls everything (mirrors, windows, etc).
IMG_7731_zpsqnlmdbtr.jpg

IMG_7736_zpspna7tibu.jpg

The new led comes with a plug on the end that I snipped off immediately. What you're left with is a positive and negative wire, pretty basic. I soldered an extension 20 awg wire to it then on the other end soldered a connector pin so that I could populate the C5 connector. Huge thanks to Benny for this info! I looked ALL over for days and came up with nothing. You want to populate pin 3 and 9. Make sure you test which wire goes to what pin before you make it permanent. To test it just put the pins in and twist the headlights on, if the led turns on youre good to go. If it doesnt swap them and try again.
IMG_7743_zpsvzeatlbe.jpg

IMG_7747_zpsgvinbo0p.jpg

That looks really good!! Did you replace the whole door panel and everything? And who is this benni guy that helped you?

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Benny is with allmoparparts.com, they are a vendor on here.

And didnt replace anything but the door handle bezel. Thats what the first pic is

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Do you have any more pics of the wireing also did you do the rests. Any pics

Aikido187

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So do you think that this upgrade could be done on an Express?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So do you think that this upgrade could be done on an Express?
Yes, but you'll need new door panels first. The handle bezel is a different shape.

You could DIY it and wire an LED of your choosing the sane way he did though.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, those appear to be the "premium" part number.

You will also need the screw covers if you don't already have them

1WD62LA8AA COVER-RELEASE HANDLE BEZEL
1WD63LA8AA COVER-RELEASE HANDLE BEZEL

In the above numbers, change LA8 to DX9 for black instead of diesel grey screw covers.

The non-lighted (cheaper) part number appears to be

1WD58LA8AC BEZEL-RELEASE HANDLE
1WD59LA8AC BEZEL-RELEASE HANDLE
Can you post a pic of the part numbers?

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Oh crap, now I see something so cool I may need to do this too! Great thread!

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, those appear to be the "premium" part number.

You will also need the screw covers if you don't already have them

1WD62LA8AA COVER-RELEASE HANDLE BEZEL
1WD63LA8AA COVER-RELEASE HANDLE BEZEL

In the above numbers, change LA8 to DX9 for black instead of diesel grey screw covers.

The non-lighted (cheaper) part number appears to be

1WD58LA8AC BEZEL-RELEASE HANDLE
1WD59LA8AC BEZEL-RELEASE HANDLE

What do you mean by "premium"? I have a 2014 Sport with the black interior and wanted to this mod with the door handle led lights for front & back doors. Also, did the ones you order ($12 each) come with the led?

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7

IMG_7727_zpstbahvjp7.jpg

IMG_7731_zpsqnlmdbtr.jpg

IMG_7736_zpspna7tibu.jpg

IMG_7743_zpsvzeatlbe.jpg

IMG_7747_zpsgvinbo0p.jpg

Awesome. Can you help me with which pin is 3 and which pin is 9 on the connector? Which are the positive and negative? Are they the same on the back doors? I feel like you had pics on here but they are gone??? :shrug:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What do you mean by "premium"? I have a 2014 Sport with the black interior and wanted to this mod with the door handle led lights for front & back doors. Also, did the ones you order ($12 each) come with the led?
Mine are without LED. You want the parts from Ram Man's post.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone know if these can be installed in the rear doors on my 15 Sport

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just got a set of Laramie panels for my 2016 crew cab. I ordered the handle trim with leds per this post. Also ordered connectors and pins to build a custom harness instead of splicing wires. The only question i have is will the window and door lock module out of a tradesman work in the Laramie panels? My current ones look like they have a wide black trim on them and the Laramie panels look like the are finished around the cutout with chrome and the module sits down in them.

kevinsayers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What would you estimate the total cost of the mod? Thx.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just got a set of Laramie panels for my 2016 crew cab. I ordered the handle trim with leds per this post. Also ordered connectors and pins to build a custom harness instead of splicing wires. The only question i have is will the window and door lock module out of a tradesman work in the Laramie panels? My current ones look like they have a wide black trim on them and the Laramie panels look like the are finished around the cutout with chrome and the module sits down in them.
I think so. When I switched panels only the handle trim had to be replaced. If you take a picture I could tell you for sure.