Laramie Interior Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got a set of Laramie panels for my 2016 crew cab. I ordered the handle trim with leds per this post. Also ordered connectors and pins to build a custom harness instead of splicing wires. The only question i have is will the window and door lock module out of a tradesman work in the Laramie panels? My current ones look like they have a wide black trim on them and the Laramie panels look like the are finished around the cutout with chrome and the module sits down in them.
Can you show us what you built as your harness?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can you show us what you built as your harness?

Sure. I'll have the connectors this week. As soon as I make sure I got the correct ones I'll post some info on how I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^Sweet. I ordered front door handles last week and they should be in by Friday. If so, this will be one of my weekend projects.

I was thinking of using vehicle wire taps but curious on what you're doing.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sure. I'll have the connectors this week. As soon as I make sure I got the correct ones I'll post some info on how I did it.

Where did you order the connectors from?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Where did you order the connectors from?

I ordered everything from mouser. Here is a picture of everything that I ordered and part numbers. I haven't had a chance to install the panels but I am pretty confident I got the right connectors. The back doors are going to be different as it doesn't look like there is a control module in the door. It looks like the connector might be in the "B" pillar between the doors and if so will require yazaki pins and possibly a splice on the ground. It's suppose to be 60 here on Monday so hopefully I can work on them.

IMG_2262_zpsqr85ytcn.jpg

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
I really wanted to get the pocket map lights too but its not possible to retrofit into any other model doors :(

For those looking to source pins; I drove up to my local radioshack with the door panel off and asked to see their pathetic selection of pins and such. Long story short, they referred to me to a small, locally owned electronics store up the road that had the ones I needed in stock. Any small electronics store should have stuff like this lying around. I think it cost me $1 or $2 for a bag of them.

Seneca88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where can I buy these terminals.Nobody Local has them and my Dealer claims they get nowhere with those part numbers. I'm just adding the Laramie LED Door Handle trim to my 16 Sport. Thanks

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone actually got this to work on an express or tradesman? I finally got around to installing my Laramie panels today and couldn't get them to light. I triple checked my harness and it is wired per tech authority schematics but I get nothing with the headlights on. I took a multimeter and ran between pins 3 and 9 on the c5 connector and got no reading. I am assuming I should have got ~12 volt reading? Any suggestions? Could the tradesman not have power on these pins?

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone actually got this to work on an express or tradesman? I finally got around to installing my Laramie panels today and couldn't get them to light. I triple checked my harness and it is wired per tech authority schematics but I get nothing with the headlights on. I took a multimeter and ran between pins 3 and 9 on the c5 connector and got no reading. I am assuming I should have got ~12 volt reading? Any suggestions? Could the tradesman not have power on these pins?
Did you get a fix for this?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you get a fix for this?

No. I haven't had a chance to get back to it. The only thing I can think of it to try to switch pins 3 and 9 and see if that makes a difference but I don't understand why I don't get a reading between those two pins with a multimeter...

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I did it! (Driver side done, passenger side is almost identical process, in the mail)

Huge thanks to Benny for supplying the parts needed and answering all of my questions throughout this project!

The part numbers for the door panel bezel with leds are listed on post #31 of this thread.

Stock sport handle bezel vs laramie bezel with led
IMG_7727_zpstbahvjp7.jpg

Behind the door panel is your door module brain that controls everything (mirrors, windows, etc).
IMG_7731_zpsqnlmdbtr.jpg

C5 connector is what you want to use
IMG_7736_zpspna7tibu.jpg

The new led comes with a plug on the end that I snipped off immediately. What you're left with is a positive and negative wire, pretty basic. I soldered an extension 20 awg wire to it then on the other end soldered a connector pin so that I could populate the C5 connector. Huge thanks to Benny for this info! I looked ALL over for days and came up with nothing. You want to populate pin 3 and 9. Make sure you test which wire goes to what pin before you make it permanent. To test it just put the pins in and twist the headlights on, if the led turns on youre good to go. If it doesnt swap them and try again.
IMG_7743_zpsvzeatlbe.jpg

IMG_7747_zpsgvinbo0p.jpg

:happy107:
Ram man, I attempted to install the door trim pieces into my Sport. I've tried to study your pics to see where the wires get connected to and I'm at a loss after experimenting with a few different wires. Can you please point out the two pin locations I need to tap into for the led to illuminate when my headlights are on? IMG_20170108_2331252.jpg6c4e152804bcb03a87996bf50523e3fb.jpgIMG_20170108_2328121.jpghttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/587346471914e/IMG_20170108_2327439.jpg?

Attachments

• IMG_20170108_2331252.jpg
    IMG_20170108_2331252.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20170108_2328121.jpg
    IMG_20170108_2328121.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 410

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@Rango10 - Definitely supposed to be pins 3 and 9 on this connector. You can see the pin numbers embossed on the blue outside cover and on the black connector when removed from it's blue shell.

82594d1483949623-laramie_interior_handles-img_20170108_2328121.jpg

I thought about tearing mine apart again this weekend, but it was about 7 degrees out with a minus windchill so I decided 'Id wait until it warmed up a little. Even in the garage it was only 20 degrees. Wish I had a heated garage large enough to put my truck in. lol

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It was pretty late last night when I got a chance to rip off the door panels. I swear there was no numbers on the clip other than the ones in the pic lol. I'll look again today. I don't have a good excuse like you with the weather.... I'm in Arizona hahaha

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It was pretty late last night when I got a chance to rip off the door panels. I swear there was no numbers on the clip other than the ones in the pic lol. I'll look again today. I don't have a good excuse like you with the weather.... I'm in Arizona hahaha

Typically they are incredibly small raised text .

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hmm, I didn't realize these would swap out. I might have to throw these in my Express if I never find complete panels to dissect.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hmm, I didn't realize these would swap out. I might have to throw these in my Express if I never find complete panels to dissect.
Are you looking for Express panels?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Are you looking for Express panels?

Nope. I'm trying to find a Laramie set to try to build a Frankenstein panel for my regular cab.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

If you work on your panels today, could you check the voltage between pins 3 and 9 with a multimeter if you have one?