Laramie Interior Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you work on your panels today, could you check the voltage between pins 3 and 9 with a multimeter if you have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can check with my meter but it most likely won't be until tomorrow

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I am convinced that my tradesman does not supply power on pins 3 and 9. I was trying to get it to work again today and still no luck. I noticed via the schematics for the C5 on the passenger side that pins 7 and 8 were the illumination feed and return for the switch so I depinned those 2 pins and plugged my harness into those two pins and bam I got lights. So now the question becomes is it the door controller or is it some code that needs flashed to enable it. Going to check my door tradesman controller part# against a Laramie and see if they are different.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I am convinced that my tradesman does not supply power on pins 3 and 9. I was trying to get it to work again today and still no luck. I noticed via the schematics for the C5 on the passenger side that pins 7 and 8 were the illumination feed and return for the switch so I depinned those 2 pins and plugged my harness into those two pins and bam I got lights. So now the question becomes is it the door controller or is it some code that needs flashed to enable it. Going to check my door tradesman controller part# against a Laramie and see if they are different.

There are only two different door control modules - with and without power folding mirrors. Next time I'm poking around in the BCM I'll see if there are any settings in there for those lights.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There are only two different door control modules - with and without power folding mirrors. Next time I'm poking around in the BCM I'll see if there are any settings in there for those lights.

Thanks 00R/T. I've been considering buying the AutoEngenuity software and if there were settings for these lights that would seal the deal. :)

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks 00R/T. I've been considering buying the AutoEngenuity software and if there were settings for these lights that would seal the deal. :)

The only thing that concerns me is that I've never been able to get the door module settings to take (like the mirror ones). I'll do some experimentation though.

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi

I have to ask a question, perhaps it's stupid. My laramie panels, like the OP's have wires with a plug for the lighting, as do the LED bezels. Why would you cut the plug and either splice or build a custom harness for the door module? I am wondering why the plug is there in the first place? It must connect somewhere on Laramie models and if there is only two door control modules, where is it supposed to connect?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have to ask a question, perhaps it's stupid. My laramie panels, like the OP's have wires with a plug for the lighting, as do the LED bezels. Why would you cut the plug and either splice or build a custom harness for the door module? I am wondering why the plug is there in the first place? It must connect somewhere on Laramie models and if there is only two door control modules, where is it supposed to connect?

It is my understanding that the trucks with lights in the door have another harness that terminates into pins 3 and 9 of the doors C5 module. This is the harness that I have recreated.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It is my understanding that the trucks with lights in the door have another harness that terminates into pins 3 and 9 of the doors C5 module. This is the harness that I have recreated.

Correct. It has a splice and splits to the two light connectors.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This is what my harness looks like installed before I connect the panels. The short connector goes to the door handle led and the longer one runs across and connects to the map light led connector.

6D6453CF-1949-4A36-AB49-7741DE39D727_zpss5al3wy2.jpg

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hope someone can help me out with an issue I'm having all of sudden...

The lights have been working flawlessly ever since I wrote the write up. I took the truck to the dealer to have my back up camera code flashed yesterday and now the doors don't illuminate. Any suggestion besides take it back to them??

*I have checked the fuses already and everything is okay

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hope someone can help me out with an issue I'm having all of sudden...

The lights have been working flawlessly ever since I wrote the write up. I took the truck to the dealer to have my back up camera code flashed yesterday and now the doors don't illuminate. Any suggestion besides take it back to them??

*I have checked the fuses already and everything is okay

Wow doesn't that just suck!! I wonder if the flash updated software or changed settings in the BCM which disabled those pins from working. Welcome to my world!!

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Wow doesn't that just suck!! I wonder if the flash updated software or changed settings in the BCM which disabled those pins from working. Welcome to my world!!

That would be my guess. For some reason that option was enabled from the factory but now that they updated it with the "correct" build configuration it was reverted.

This is why I'm reluctant to bring my truck in to get the puddle and signal lamps enabled.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If I'm not mistaken, that's exactly what happened. If you want codes to stick they must be added to your build sheet.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Well, if this happens to anyone else, now you know.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well, if this happens to anyone else, now you know.
I think it may have already about a month ago in this thread. I seem to remember someone asking why theirs wasn't working.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got them to work today. It's definitely a setting in the BCM. There's an option for the led handle lights and the map lights. I turned mine on today and bang they lit up.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Dealer can't figure out how to turn them back on... can anyone give me a hand?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dealer can't figure out how to turn them back on... can anyone give me a hand?

The only way I know to turn them back on is using a tool like autoengenuity to modify the BCM settings. It doesn't surprise me that the dealer couldn't/wouldn't turn them back on. The only thing dealers seem willing/able to do is add a sales code to your vin and reflash the truck. If the sales code isn't available for your vin, then there's nothing they can do.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
The only way I know to turn them back on is using a tool like autoengenuity to modify the BCM settings. It doesn't surprise me that the dealer couldn't/wouldn't turn them back on. The only thing dealers seem willing/able to do is add a sales code to your vin and reflash the truck. If the sales code isn't available for your vin, then there's nothing they can do.

They let me go back into the bay and check out the witech system they were using to communicate with the truck. Like you said, all they could do is choose from a list of sales codes to add or remove (based on VIN/build sheet I guess) or do random things in the BCM like reflash TPMS sensors and disable remote start.
Unless there are other screens that they need to go into... Man this blows

Rth_2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got a set of 2013+ laramie door panels for my 2012 slt.. how could I get these leds to work in my truck I just look in my doors and I don't have the same PIN numbers as u guys do