Laramie Interior Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm going to retro fit a set in, I just purchased 3mm led bulbs and bezels. When they arrive and I go to install them, I'll keep everyone posted. Going to create the harness stated above. Stay tuned. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
My pins 3 and 9 have been deactivated so I be searching for another way too

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Couldn't you tap whatever powers your door lock lights?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
On the passenger side, there was an illumination pin that lit up the light in the lock and windows button. That's where I was going to tap into. The drivers side didn't have that same pin. It must happen in the door control itself. I did find a wire there that only came on when the headlights were on, but I can't remember which one it was.

Unfortunately, nothing works quite like the pins 3 and 9 "ambient lighting" factory solution. That makes the leds come on anytime the door is open or the lights are on. The closest I could come to replicating the factory functionality was turning the leds on when the headlights are on.

It really stinks that they control the output on those pins with a code in the BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
One more project to add to the list ;-) One of the sales codes I had the dealer flash a couple weeks ago was LCJ (ambient interior LED lighting) Sure be nice if I'm set for it now :favorites13: I'll need to learn more about your wire harness DeereGuy :happy107:

I got them to work today. It's definitely a setting in the BCM. There's an option for the led handle lights and the map lights. I turned mine on today and bang they lit up.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's what I'm trying to figure out now..
I could have sworn someone identified them on this thread/forum. Have you tried searching the thread and/or forum with the wire colors You See in the door?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Well dealer says they cannot add sales codes because its not on the list of available options. (which is true)

I read once that someone got corporate or district level to get a sales code added that wasn't originally available for their truck.

Is the autoenginuity software sharable? If that's the only thing that will get mine to work I'd be willing to pay someone to let me rent theirs from them?

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally got around to installing he 3mm leds in the handle well. I am pretty happy with he results. Took me about 15 minutes per door after I found my ground wire and hot wire for the lights in the window switch. I pulled the wire out of the harness and soldered to the connector, then pushed it back in. It was a tight fit but they went. I didn't even have to take off my door panels to do the project. Here are some photos of the project finished up. ac6f671eb17cf2e66b298f16d89acb15.jpge083dfc5a1f81249624a52c2398707be.jpg2e38610b96f3b0582dd7c10ad598190a.jpg
The last picture they like k really bright, but they aren't at all. I think my camera on the phone makes it look bright. The final cost for the entire project was around $15.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take a couple of pics of the wire you tied into

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now, I have a 2014 CC bighorn, I used the wire connection for the window switch.
Back doors= Black is ground. Hot is orange with blue stripe.
P/S Door= Orange with green stripe is ground. Pink with yellow stripe is Hot.
Driver side door is black= ground. Orange with blue stripe is hot.
Hope this helps, shoot me a pm is you need any other help.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
with that method above, they come on with headlights only?

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now, I have a 2014 CC bighorn, I used the wire connection for the window switch.
Back doors= Black is ground. Hot is orange with blue stripe.
P/S Door= Orange with green stripe is ground. Pink with yellow stripe is Hot.
Driver side door is black= ground. Orange with blue stripe is hot.
Hope this helps, shoot me a pm is you need any other help.

Thank you. I think I can finish my little project tomorrow now!

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got both front doors done today. I didn't even have to take off the door panels. I'm not sure if trykonkid11's method is correct, but that's the method I used. The new LED's are always on regardless if the headlights are on or off. I also noticed the door panel switches LED's (door locks and window buttons) also always stay on. Either way I love the look and hopefully will be doing the back doors soon as well

1aeaa337dfee3453877e43b79b763554.jpg

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, that's the same as mine, as I describe they are on with the door switches. It looks like you have completely different wire colors? I too am happy with the look. Sorry if I mislead you, but what I did on my truck worked with no issues. What method did you think not worked? Just curious.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I have a 2015 CC Sport so I think that's why the wire colors are a little different. For the most part, the colors you mentioned on the two front doors were the same ones you used. But on the driver door I had four orange wires with blue stripes. So I had to figure out which one was correct.

I didn't mean for it to sound like your method didn't work. What I was trying to say is I'm not sure if the Laramie door handle accent lights stay on all the time like how we wired them or if the accent lights only come on when the headlights are on. For me, it's not a big deal either way. My truck will rust out before the LED bulbs burn out.

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gotcha, No I was just curious what was different between the two trucks that's all. I'm he same way I like them on, and my truck will be rusting out in my garage before the bulbs go. Lol. Where did you purchase the leds? Or did you buy he actual kit for the truck?
I think you have to have the truck programmed to get hem to come on with just the headlights.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well I have a 2015 CC Sport so I think that's why the wire colors are a little different. For the most part, the colors you mentioned on the two front doors were the same ones you used. But on the driver door I had four orange wires with blue stripes. So I had to figure out which one was correct.

I didn't mean for it to sound like your method didn't work. What I was trying to say is I'm not sure if the Laramie door handle accent lights stay on all the time like how we wired them or if the accent lights only come on when the headlights are on. For me, it's not a big deal either way. My truck will rust out before the LED bulbs burn out.

Once I enabled the code in my truck, the lights come on any time that the door is open and then only come on when the headlights are on after that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956