Leather interior options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75th Rangers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently bought a 15 1500 express, one of my major desires was leather interior but I could not find it on any trucks in the price range I wanted. So now im looking at what options I have for switching out the interior. I looked at katzkins, however the 1600 they wanted is quite a bit more than I'd like to spend. I tried to look up seat covers just for a quick cheap option in the meantime, but honestly I was having a hell of a time figuring out what was quality. Im not opposed to switching it out completely for a salvaged interior or maybe even a trade, as this seems to be the cheapest quality option. However, I don't know if installing electric seats into one that came with manual will void any kind of warranties. My main goal here is to get some feedback as im sure this is a common issue a lot of people have dealt with. Thanks in advance.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently bought a 15 1500 express, one of my major desires was leather interior but I could not find it on any trucks in the price range I wanted. So now im looking at what options I have for switching out the interior. I looked at katzkins, however the 1600 they wanted is quite a bit more than I'd like to spend. I tried to look up seat covers just for a quick cheap option in the meantime, but honestly I was having a hell of a time figuring out what was quality. Im not opposed to switching it out completely for a salvaged interior or maybe even a trade, as this seems to be the cheapest quality option. However, I don't know if installing electric seats into one that came with manual will void any kind of warranties. My main goal here is to get some feedback as im sure this is a common issue a lot of people have dealt with. Thanks in advance.
Ok so, I know you already checked out katzkins BUT, the quality I assure you is impeccable. I have a friend who has his peterbuilt semi done by Katz as well as his 07 ram and the quality is better then my 2015 Lexus IS. The katzkins are better then any leather I've seen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have Clazzio leather seat covers and they are great quality and fit.

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 172
OP
OP

75th Rangers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so, I know you already checked out katzkins BUT, the quality I assure you is impeccable. I have a friend who has his peterbuilt semi done by Katz as well as his 07 ram and the quality is better then my 2015 Lexus IS. The katzkins are better then any leather I've seen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If I find no other satisfaction long term I may consider. However, the price point is just far too high. Granted most of that was probably installation.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought skins from learherseats.com. They have a configurator that lets you see how the seat will look. I have a 2014 express crew cab. I paid 790 dollars I think it was. I installed them my self. They're high quality and soft. I love my seats.

71_340

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
I had Katzkins installed in one of my previous trucks and they were very nice, you get what you pay for! As far as Clazio, they are slip on covers and at that price point I would spend the extra money and get Katzkins.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought skins from learherseats.com. They have a configurator that lets you see how the seat will look. I have a 2014 express crew cab. I paid 790 dollars I think it was. I installed them my self. They're high quality and soft. I love my seats.

I've used leatherseats.com in the past, and their quality is second to none!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I would not go with Katzkin or Clazzios. Although they make a quality cover, the stock buckets look so much better then the stock express seats with leather. I upgraded my front seats to laramie seats for about $800, everything plugs in and works great. Keep an eye out for a used set on ebay or local junkyards. You shouldnt worry about the warranty, just make sure you get a decent seat with the airbags intact.

MMVMfs8.jpg

Last edited:

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would not go with Katzkin or Clazzios. Although they make a quality cover, the stock buckets look so much better then the stock express seats with leather. I upgraded my front seats to laramie seats for about $800, everything plugs in and works great. Keep an eye out for a used set on ebay or local junkyards. You shouldnt worry about the warranty, just make sure you get a decent seat with the airbags intact.

MMVMfs8.jpg

You may like the factory seats, but they're a mass produced seat made by union workers that generally don't give a ****. Cheap materials, and sketchy quality. Just good enough to pass. In fact....there's probably not even any leather on that seat you've got a picture of. I've seen Katzkin's look bad and probably some others too. It's all in the install and the persons attention to detail. The skins from any reputable shop..katzkin, leatherseats, roadwire...etc. should be way better than anything you get from "Ram". I built seats for the Chevy Malibu, Buick LaCrosse, and the Ford F-150. The same company I worked for, builds the seats in Dearborn/Warren Ram assembly operation. 7 years as a worker, master builder, then supervising.

OP
OP

75th Rangers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If im being honest, leather quality honestly isn't of the highest importance. While I'd like something decently nice. The main goal is to not have to worry about stains and snags like with the cloth. I also personally like the feel of leather. That being said after looking at clazzio (sp?) The price is like 100 under katzkins. Obviously for that price I'd just get katzkins. How ridiculous are they to install? They wanted about 900 to install which leads me to believe it'll be a nightmare to deal with.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Another vote here for Katzkins. Mine have been in over a year now and are still like new and look great. I paid ~550 off of eBay and installed them myself.

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
Katskins were the best mod I did to my 2015 Outdoorsman. They are soft and comfortable not to mention look great.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I doubt you will even find a kit for a bench seat, your best bet would be to find a local upholstery or even marine shop and get it covered.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Katzkin is probably one of if not the best options. You can always hit up forum member Moddiction. He is a distributor and I believe has a forum discount.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If im being honest, leather quality honestly isn't of the highest importance. While I'd like something decently nice. The main goal is to not have to worry about stains and snags like with the cloth. I also personally like the feel of leather. That being said after looking at clazzio (sp?) The price is like 100 under katzkins. Obviously for that price I'd just get katzkins. How ridiculous are they to install? They wanted about 900 to install which leads me to believe it'll be a nightmare to deal with.

It's like anything else you'll ever do in your life. Take your time, take pictures and apply some logic to it. It's not super hard, but it's all relative to me. I've built almost a million sets of seats before. Literally. The back seats was the hardest for me. I have the bench in the back. (Express) it was just big, cumbersome, and the way it hogringed in was odd.

Last edited:

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD

It isn't that it is hard it just takes a long time so you're paying mostly just for the hourly rate. There are 14 covers to do in all. I did mine in two days and the process speeds up once you get the hang of it. The best piece of advice I can give you is get a really good pair of hog ring pliers, and a buddy to help you when it comes to pulling together the leather to zip it up on the rear bench seat.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Before you do anything, go set in a higher level Ram with the seats you want. I think you will find them to be substantially more comfortable and adjustable than your current ones.

Anything you buy will be made by someone paid to put them together. Variability from any source is to be expected. If you buy OEM Ram, you can see them before you buy them.