Led brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
So I tried putting the 3057 zevo led lights in my stock circuit board for a brake light and first of all. They just stayed on while the truck was off and second they had a slow flash when the brakes were applied. Any idea why they don't work as brake lights? And is there any led light that cam be used for the brakes? They worked well and just fine as park/reverse lights, didn't even stay on while the truck was off

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
So I tried putting the 3057 zevo led lights in my stock circuit board for a brake light and first of all. They just stayed on while the truck was off and second they had a slow flash when the brakes were applied. Any idea why they don't work as brake lights? And is there any led light that cam be used for the brakes? They worked well and just fine as park/reverse lights, didn't even stay on while the truck was off

You will need resistors to run LEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
3157 resistor harness and you can find them on ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I looked them up but how would these keep water from hitting the prongs on the circuit board and short it out. The harness doesn't look liken it had gasket to keep monster out and also I'm not sure the bulb end will mount to the taillight

fireguy627

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I have the same problem and I used after market resistors. I purchased a set of plug and play replacement led housings with resistors installed. Still the same problem with the flash and staying on