LED Bulbs - Tail and Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
My '03 came with smoked front and tail lights, and although looks good, the lights are very hard to see. Especially in the day time, the sun kinda washes them out.

I was going to buy the exact same light housings for the front/back because I liked the style, only black with a clear cover not smoked, and started to debate, maybe the bulbs are just dull and putting in super bright LED bulbs may kinda offset the smoke tint.

Problem though is I'm not sure if I need the load resistors, or canbus error free, both? Do I get 1 load resistor per housing or is it 1 per bulb?

Also, was on here doing the search and saw a thread where someone said the guy has a 2nd gen so doesn't need the load resistors? is it just for older models that need them, not new?

Just trying to figure out price wise, which route will be cheaper/easier to do... if bulbs are the cheaper route then I'll start with just a pair of brake lights and see how they are with the smoked covers, if they work I'll go that route. But, if I need a resistor per bulb, plus canbus bulbs, etc... may just be best to grab clear faced light housings.

Given the look/colour... I'd rather stay smoked. Still plan to plastidip the chrome black and maybe remove the nerf bars since I don't need them to get in.

Otherwise, clear set is nice and still mainly black...

jkqrqbq.jpg
s-l1600.jpg