LED cargo lights help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So a couple days ago, I finally got around to putting some LED's in my third brake light and now I have a slight issue. My cargo lights never really turn off while the truck is on. I know I've read about this problem before but I can't remember what the fix was nor could I find any thread that talked about it.

And what I mean by they never really turn off is from the moment I start the truck, they are receiving just enough power to emit a dim light.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Mine did the same thing. Honestly, won't effect your battery. And the problem is a resistor. Maybe not one strong enough? Both my cargo lights and one reverse light did it. But they would turn off after about 5 minutes of the truck being off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
my recon does it also. does not bother me and have not had any issues.

HakanB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, mine is doing this too, and it's illegal here to have even the slightest White glow backwards, so the lawman will stop you.... Has anyone got a solution for stoppning the glow? Thx :)