Led headlights - No low beam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I bought these headlights and I installed them. The low beam works fine when the truck is off, but when the truck is turned on the low beams flash like 2 or 3 times and then do not work. I do however still have high beams. Could the daytime running lights cause this? 2708ab85bddbd2b25e75a4a2341a7ab0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I bought these headlights and I installed them. The low beam works fine when the truck is off, but when the truck is turned on the low beams flash like 2 or 3 times and then do not work. I do however still have high beams. Could the daytime running lights cause this? 2708ab85bddbd2b25e75a4a2341a7ab0.jpg

Pretty sure you need something calles a "ballast" or some kind of relay or resistor or something.

Talk to Demon Hemi to be absolutely sure.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

OP
OP
cliftonclendenen

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Pretty sure you need something calles a "ballast" or some kind of relay or resistor or something.

Talk to Demon Hemi to be absolutely sure.

Hm thats wierd. It didn’t nt come with anything like that. Ill see what I can come up with to fix it.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Hm thats wierd. It didn’t nt come with anything like that. Ill see what I can come up with to fix it.

Talk to others, I'm only repeating what I heard in terms of projector conversions. I haven't derived into it yet since I'm not ready to do my own. Therefore, I am currently in knowledgeable about the subject.

Demon hemi is the lighting/wiring guru from what I've heard, though. He should definitely be able to help you.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need capacitors and resistors to work with the CANBUS and not get a bulb out error

Last edited:

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ballast is for HIDs, LEDs need a driver and sometimes resistors, caps and relays.

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
so I bought the caps off ebay do I need resistors too or does that do it all.

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I figured caps would provide enough resistance to run them also due to there drain but we will see its been to cold to pull my stuff apart atm and my truck wont fit in dads garage.

OP
OP
cliftonclendenen

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
UPDATE: Got the resistors in the mail today, installed them and it works like a charm. Now just got to mount the resistors to something

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
glad you figured it out man, one of the LED sets i tried worked without any add-on things but would randomly blink at odd times, it was crazy, it sucks how picky these trucks are when it comes to lights, but yeah pretty much anything other than stock will require some form of extra to make it work