LED/HID Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For quads dont use the HID's. I would get the projectors and a harness from Retroshop.us and then go with HID lighting.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Being a college kid who could not afford a proper, full-on projector setup, I did the 50W 6000K H11 kit from Jeremy at RetroShop for the low beams in my quad headlights. Since the low beam bulb has a small cover directly in front of it so there is minimal glare and I have yet to be flashed ONCE by oncoming traffic since I installed them over 6 months ago. Highly recommend this affordable setup as it is a huge upgrade from stock (or any other halogen) bulbs while still being considerate of other folks on the road.
53bd683496bbeb7770c00062f7decb36.jpg

Low beams only:
5a937ea601eafb5a8308978724a257c5.jpg

Low beams and light bar:
f54b45e66040a46e42ee7163f6058792.jpg

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have Xenon Depot LEDs in my Lows and Highs. Was able to fit the entire package (including the CANBUS resistors) inside Lows. Highs are a different story, although the newer one might work. Great light ouput, particularly with the HI Beams when you rotate them correctly (basically so the LEDs point Left/Right vs Up/Down).

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought a pair of LEDs off amazon almost 2 years ago for the low beams in my quads and I could not be more pleased with them. I got the OPT7 ones. I have had ZERO issues with them and love the crisp white light they produce. I also properly adjusted the aiming of them for the proper drop and since then they are fantastic and I dont get flashed at all. I also dropped in a pair of less expensive LEDs for the fogs and those were downright ridiculously bright. I had to significantly lower the fogs as I was getting feedback from other drivers. I believe these were Stark lights and one burned out last month. I emailed the company through amazon and they sent me a new pair free of charge.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you dont have projectors buy Opt-7 Leds on amazon. You wont look back. I promise

Teknoracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the supernova v.3 lows/fogs in my 1500 for a year. Loved em!!! Just bought a 2500hd now and plan to put the same in plus now high beams available!!! Spend the coin on these they did their research and awesome vids too!!! They get my business!!

mcdo3920

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I'm looking at doing a retrofit on my quads in the next couple months. Done a lot of research and that seems to be the most cost effective option for getting an effective HID system (which is hands down the best for output). If you put them in the reflectors without it they will blind everyone you see. Just need to find the time to do it.

I've looked at the retro fit source for all the equiment. The only projector that will fit in our quad housing without having to trim is the Mini H1. Shrouds are a different story. They say to use the mini gattling gun shroud as that is one of the few that fit but I want to try a square like this one. I think it will look a lot better in the housing than a round one.

carid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
We used Lumen LED conversion kits for the headlights on the trucks from our fleet. We installed them in aftermarket projector headlights and the beam pattern is very sharp. It must be leveled properly in order not to blind other drivers on the road.

Heres the link to the ones we used https://www.carid.com/lumen/led-headlight-conversion-kit.html

Below is the video review:

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed $35. Ebay LED lights that included the anti flicker harness. Just make sure the bulbs are made by cree. They are bright enough for me, and I am very happy with them. The nice thing is you dont have to worry about an HID ballast burning out. I have had mine for 6 months. No problems