Level? Bilstein?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Altgilbers14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ideally I'd like to be able to fit 35×12.5 with a decent offset(not trying to have tires sticking ridiculously far out). Everywhere I've seen, with a level, they recommend no larger than a 33x12.5...I swear on my old 2010 ram with a level that I was able to fit 35s with no issue. Did something change? Anyone only level the front and able to comfortably fit 35s? Will it take a level with a lift in the front and rear? If it's only the from that needs to be raised to fit 35s, has anyone had success with using bilsteins?
I've always used rough country leveling kits and never had any issues. I do remember putting a level on my 2010 was more of a pain than any other truck I had one on.
I just bought a 2018 laramie 4x4 and I need to make it look less like an old man truck ASAP. If anyone has some input or pics of their set up I'd love to see it. If 35s attent achievable anymore without an actual lift, or a level+body lift, I'll just roll with 33s.

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go to the "lifted" section, there are many threads answering all your questions and more. But in short, yes 35's will fit with a level, 1/4" spacers might be needed if on stock wheels, custom wheels you should be good out to a -18 offset, yes tons of guys love the bilsteins, probably more so than any other leveling option.

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ideally I'd like to be able to fit 35×12.5 with a decent offset(not trying to have tires sticking ridiculously far out). Everywhere I've seen, with a level, they recommend no larger than a 33x12.5...I swear on my old 2010 ram with a level that I was able to fit 35s with no issue. Did something change? Anyone only level the front and able to comfortably fit 35s? Will it take a level with a lift in the front and rear? If it's only the from that needs to be raised to fit 35s, has anyone had success with using bilsteins?
I've always used rough country leveling kits and never had any issues. I do remember putting a level on my 2010 was more of a pain than any other truck I had one on.
I just bought a 2018 laramie 4x4 and I need to make it look less like an old man truck ASAP. If anyone has some input or pics of their set up I'd love to see it. If 35s attent achievable anymore without an actual lift, or a level+body lift, I'll just roll with 33s.

On my old 2010 Ram, I had a 3.5" Level on the front and a 1.5" on the back, had 295/55or60/ on a 20x10 Fuel Anza wheel. The wheels were set at a negative offset maybe 1-1.5. When I traded that in I took the tires/wheels and put them on my 2018 Limited.

smitty21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighhorn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have Bils set at 2.1 and 1/4 spacer on the rear, and currently running a 34-inch tire on me 2013, plan on doing 35's this summer for a better look. I have test fitted it and it worked fine for me.

Definitely check the lifted section and some of the Bilstein post I'm sure somebody on here has your set up