Level with zone 1.5" body lift pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After doing a couple 1.5" BL and a 3" BL just on Rams alone. I will say its to much work for only 1.5" when the 3" only takes a few minutes more and looks twice as good when adding to a leveled truck. Yes it cost more but worth every penny and way less than a 4" suspension plus easily reversible.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Yeah true. Ya get what ya pay for...lol
You want an off-road beast or a parking lot queen??

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my case the 20" wheels w/35's are a dead give away its strictly for looks. I have a couple Modded Wrangler TJs for off road and fishing. Since retiring the Ram only needs gas every month or two so I guess its becoming more of a monument than anything.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So here’s a question, can a guy just lift the front? I just want a leveled look.
I’m not adding bigger tires than my stick sized 20’s

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With a body lift, you can, however your cab will be taller than your bed. The body lines will be all manner of F’ed up.

If you want to just level the front then just do it with suspension I.e. spacers or shocks (search Bilstein 5100 or spacer lift or leveling).

Bender02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Does anyone know if the zone 1.5 bl will work with the rough country 2.5 leveling spacers? Everyone on here seems to be running bils.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Does anyone know if the zone 1.5 bl will work with the rough country 2.5 leveling spacers? Everyone on here seems to be running bils.

That might be worth a phone call to Zone to see if it can be done.

GIJoe2010

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Leveling spacers adjust suspension, body lift adjusts the body, go for it you’ll be fine as they adjust different parts of the truck independent of one another.

Bender02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Leveling spacers adjust suspension, body lift adjusts the body, go for it you’ll be fine as they adjust different parts of the truck independent of one another.
I’m assuming then that the lift won’t affect my airlift air bags either then right?

GIJoe2010

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can’t say for certain as I do not have airbags on my 1500.

I would verify by getting a hold of both Zone and Rough Country’s body lift install instructions, it’s a free PDF from both websites, and check if there may be issues.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
the zone directions say if you are not using a hoist to start with the rear mods first. Is that correct, or did you just go front to back?

Also, the gap between the cab and the bed seems a bit wider than maybe it should be. Thoughts on what that measurement should be?

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't notice that in the Zone instructions but I started with the cab then did the bed . I dont see where it would make any difference .

Last edited:

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Zone had it noted, but RC didn't

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the zone directions say if you are not using a hoist to start with the rear mods first. Is that correct, or did you just go front to back?

Also, the gap between the cab and the bed seems a bit wider than maybe it should be. Thoughts on what that measurement should be?
I used a zone lift and I did the front first,

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting tired of crawling around on garage floor . At 65 I am starting to think I need to be checked. Any way , the zone 1.5 is out and the PA 3" is in . Now I did all that work twice for 1.5" increase each time as if once was not enough . At 3" it looks 100% better. Now I am at about 4.5" or so above stock not counting what the tires did. Now it looks more like a 4wd to me. Going to bring the Bilsteins up a notch. Their is less drilling on the 3" kit than their is on the 1.5. Rear bumper has to be trimmed a little wider on the three inch which is not enough more to really speak of. Front bumper gets two new holes drilled in the frame horn as does the 1.5". Installing the intermediate shaft extension is one thing the the 1.5" don't require but in reality thats nothing. I have a set of front gap guards ordered as it is real noticeable their are none now. Note to self after reconnecting the battery remember to push the damn yellow fuse back down in the PDC. I cussed myself for about 3 miles wondering why the dash is telling me my seat belt was not on, envelope on dash screen , seat belt light on ,ESC light, air bag light on and constant ding , ding ,ding. I figured I missed a wire someplace and pulled a connector apart by accident. Reason being their are a lot of things pictured in the instructions that are not the same as my 14 RC SB. Eventually I remembered the yellow fuse now all is well. Exhaust tips have enough adjustment to look great. I will post some pics monday after I recouperate for a couple days and adjust the Bilsteins.

Last edited:

Laramie17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your advise,
I couldnt decide between the 2 size to boost my 2.1 bills

I made my mind now, i will order the 3inch.....dont want to do it twice...
hope you post pics soon...

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMG_1645.jpg Its more money but I feel its well worth it .

Edit : Instructions have ya remove the air box. I have no clue why . On mine I did no work in that area. I can see removing the hose from the lid to be sure not to cause an issue but I doubt You would any way

Edit: I now have about 1" rake which is fine .Tires are 35-12.50-20 KO2s. The Bilsteins are set at 1.4 . I will try it at this setting for a few days and if it settles any I will go to 2.1. . I ordered a couple spacers that are about 5/8" that I may have to use if I go to 2.1. 1/2" or less rake tends to look nose high which I don't care for so I will have more rear spacers to get what I want in the end. I am in hopes of staying at the 1.4 as it rides better than 2.1

Last edited:

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
[What needs to be welded on the pa 3" lift? It says in the instructions you need a welder. I would like to do the 3" but it looks way more involved than the 1,5 by looling at the instructions

QUOTE="Gary2, post: 1746508, member: 18395"]Getting tired of crawling around on garage floor . At 65 I am starting to think I need to be checked. Any way , the zone 1.5 is out and the PA 3" is in . Now I did all that work twice for 1.5" increase each time as if once was not enough . At 3" it looks 100% better. Now I am at about 4.5" or so above stock not counting what the tires did. Now it looks more like a 4wd to me. Going to bring the Bilsteins up a notch. Their is less drilling on the 3" kit than their is on the 1.5. Rear bumper has to be trimmed a little wider on the three inch which is not enough more to really speak of. Front bumper gets two new holes drilled in the frame horn as does the 1.5". Installing the intermediate shaft extension is one thing the the 1.5" don't require but in reality thats nothing. I have a set of front gap guards ordered as it is real noticeable their are none now. Note to self after reconnecting the battery remember to push the damn yellow fuse back down in the PDC. I cussed myself for about 3 miles wondering why the dash is telling me my seat belt was not on, envelope on dash screen , seat belt light on ,ESC light, air bag light on and constant ding , ding ,ding. I figured I missed a wire someplace and pulled a connector apart by accident. Reason being their are a lot of things pictured in the instructions that are not the same as my 14 RC SB. Eventually I remembered the yellow fuse now all is well. Exhaust tips have enough adjustment to look great. I will post some pics monday after I recouperate for a couple days and adjust the Bilsteins.[/QUOTE]

fernandok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Did anyone need to do an alignment after doing their body lift?

For some reason my steering wheels was slightly off to the right after doing the lift.