Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I plan to level the truck with the HBS 2.5 block. Now my question is, will the leveling kit put more strain on the tie rods (they have some wear), or will it really have no affect?

I plan on replacing the tie rods with the dealerships warranty, which doesn't start for another 20 or so days.

Last edited:

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Tie rods should be fine...

I would be more worried about your track bar. If you dont have an adjustable trac bar, the leveling kit can make your front axel off center just a little. Causing more wear and tare, and even the death wabble in some cases.

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Shoot,so itd be better to run one of those track bars also then, huh?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I've had a HBS 2" for 20k miles now without any problems
But every truck is different, so the track bar may cause death wobble. I doubt it will be a problem as there Are guys running up to 3" lift springs on stock length trac bar

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm just going off my experience. The previous owner with my truck put on a leveling kit (coils), and now my trac bar bushings are shot, and my steering is funky lol

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Eh I would get new tie rods before the level and just have to spend the extra money for the new alignment. I know the 1500's are hit and miss with the 2.5" but believe the 2500's handel it fine.

jacksonsnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have traded my 2010 ram 2500 that I originally posted in forums with, and now have the 2012 Ram Quad cab ST with some extras. It has 20 inch wheels and tires, front spoiler with lights, Tow group, dual exhaust,etc....the question I have is regarding Leveling kits. Can I get the dealer to install a leveling kit so that they will go good for any issues or is it a non-issue if I use the 2 in. ones? Thanks for any help

jacksonsnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sorry my bad, posted in wrong Gen. going to right place :)

Captain Freon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 4.7
Tie rods should be fine...

I would be more worried about your track bar. If you dont have an adjustable trac bar, the leveling kit can make your front axel off center just a little. Causing more wear and tare, and even the death wabble in some cases.

axle...................................tear............................wobble......................................whew!