Leveling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Oh Two
Engine
Four Seven
How much lift can I expect out of a 1.5" leveling kit?

Will it make my 02 2wd sit level?

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wrong thread. But how come there are so many different leveling kits? 1.5 2 2.5 3.. Aren't all 1500 the same height? Sorry just didn't wanna start a whole new thread...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Different models have different rakes. The 4th gens typically use a 2-2.5" to make them level. Older models don't have as bad of rake and only need a 1.5" to make them sit level.

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Different models have different rakes. The 4th gens typically use a 2-2.5" to make them level. Older models don't have as bad of rake and only need a 1.5" to make them sit level.

Measuring to top of both fender wells will give me exact height i need correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
That's what I've always heard. According to measurements, mine still isn't level, but if you look at it on flat ground it appears to be. I also don't run the same tire pressure in the front and back so that would make a small amount difference too.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Its the same way on my 2nd gen. Measured, in sitting an inch or so higher in the front, but with just looking at it on flat ground, she looks level

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
I used the Ready Lift Keys I think they were 2.5 ers, but what I liked was the lack of the shock extender pieces like some other kits. I do plan on changing my current Gas magnums up front to RS-5000's 0-4 Lift to match my rear set-up.

OP
OP
M C

M C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Oh Two
Engine
Four Seven
Does 1.5 require new shocks and an alignement?

What's the install process?

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you MIGHT get level if you stack the 1.5in and the stock isolator. its usually around 2.25 to make it level. 1.5 wont need longer shocks but if you stack them you can buy a set of $8 shock extenders instead of new shocks. You will need an alignment with any suspension changes along this line.

You take the wheel, caliper, and rotor off. Undo tie rod, shock, and put a jack under the lower control arm. Take off the ball joint nuts, and pop the taper on the ball joints. take the spring out, put the spring back in, and reinstall parts