Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramdude22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay so i own a 04 ram 4x4 1500 4x4, i want to put a leveling kit on it.... the thing is they only have torsion bar keys kits for my specs. i want to stay away for torsion bar keys. i did see kits for 2500 coil spacers, would a 2 inch coil spacer leveling kit for a 2500 work for a 1500? please reply, thanks

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Okay so i own a 04 ram 4x4 1500 4x4, i want to put a leveling kit on it.... the thing is they only have torsion bar keys kits for my specs. i want to stay away for torsion bar keys. i did see kits for 2500 coil spacers, would a 2 inch coil spacer leveling kit for a 2500 work for a 1500? please reply, thanks
No, the HD coils are larger than the 1/2 ton springs.

OP
OP
R

ramdude22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you know another way other than torsion bar I can level it for less than $115?

Schnewis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Everyone,

Been trying to find information about wheel spacers. Just purchased a 2015 Sport and had a 2.5" leveling kit installed with color matched bushwackers. The factory offset just doesn't sit right with me and I'm trying to figure out a good spacer (until I put away enough a proper wheel/tire combo). I was thinking somewhere around 1.5" front and rear. Thoughts? Opinions? Recomendations?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted

You truck doesn't have coil springs. So no, you can't run leveling spacers. A 2500/3500 has completely different suspension from a 1500.

You don't need torsion keys. Just crank up the adjustment bolts on your torsion bars. It does the exact same thing. Just jack the front end off to take the load off, and turn them up an equal amount on each side, lower it back down, roll it front and back 10 ft or so and see how it sits. Play around until you get it level. You will want to get a front end alignment afterwards to straighten everything back out.

Hi Everyone,

Been trying to find information about wheel spacers. Just purchased a 2015 Sport and had a 2.5" leveling kit installed with color matched bushwackers. The factory offset just doesn't sit right with me and I'm trying to figure out a good spacer (until I put away enough a proper wheel/tire combo). I was thinking somewhere around 1.5" front and rear. Thoughts? Opinions? Recomendations?

Motorsport Tech's BORA spacers are what you want. Best quality on the market IMO. You'll need more than 1.5" to sit flush with your flares though if that's what you're looking to do.

Schnewis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Brandon,

Just looked at the website for those, I'm assuming they are sold as a pair. Anyone know if using a 2 inch spacer causes any issues with steering or ride? I seem to recall reading about the dreaded death wobble when using larger spacers but can't seem to find that thread again.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Brandon,

Just looked at the website for those, I'm assuming they are sold as a pair. Anyone know if using a 2 inch spacer causes any issues with steering or ride? I seem to recall reading about the dreaded death wobble when using larger spacers but can't seem to find that thread again.

They're generally sold as a pair or in a set of 4. All depends on exactly what you're looking at. I'd recommend emailing Lenny (the owner) directly at [email protected] and let him know exactly what you want.

Wheel spacers won't cause any issued for steering or ride. Death wobble is only on solid axle trucks (2500/3500's), not 1500's with IFS.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So proper torque specs and loctite and spacers are good? Been contemplating either spacers or cheap steel rims with offset. Black Rock type 8s to be exact.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So proper torque specs and loctite and spacers are good? Been contemplating either spacers or cheap steel rims with offset. Black Rock type 8s to be exact.

Proper torque specs are all you'll need. I used loctite on mine last year and won't be doing it again... it was too much and made them a complete pain to get off in the spring.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No issues Rollin on 35s at highway speeds? Looks my stock 17s but want 35s. Spacers would allow me to keep them.