Lifetime Max warranty contract

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Becker11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I'm looking for a digital copy of the contract offered by FCA on the lifetime max warranty. Bonus time is coming and I am considering purchasing the warranty. My truck is completely stock but I'm looking at installing 5100s and maybe a more aggressive muffler. I'm reading conflicting info on whether or not those mods will trigger cancellation of the warranty. I do know it's not protected under the Magnuson Moss act so I want to tread carefully.

Some say a lift over 2" is grounds for cancellation. Others say they have bigger lifts and have been fine. Anyone have a concrete answer on this?

Thanks

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
No they wont effect warranty on drivetrain, other parts.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Check with your dealer. Some are more mod friendly than others..

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
When I asked a rep who contacted me about it they claimed 2" lift (mopar lift) with up to 35 inch tires were okay... when I asked the salesman that I got it from he said it would void out the warranty on the suspension. So I'm not sure you'll get a true answer, it'll probably be like most things and depend what service manager you are dealing with the day you get stuck at the dealer with it.

There is ZERO reason though it would cancel the entire contract, if you put a lift on but the issue is the engine they have nothing to do with each other. Do a direct bolt on replacement for the muffler and if anything happens swap back to stock before taking it into the dealer. Remember, they have to prove that your modification caused the issue warranting the warranty work.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recall reading about the 2" limitation. I also would believe that a dealer will try to evade and avoid coverage due to some lame excuse or other. However, if the warranty is Lifetime FCA then they alone will have the last word, and I would have to say that they would be the only answer I'd trust.

OTOH I'm quite happy with stock so I'm not worrying.

OP
OP
B

Becker11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies. I'll try to get answers and a copy of the contract from FCA in the next few days.

Mdifilippo mentioned that they have to prove the mod caused the failure. This is a protection of the moss act. From what I've been reading, the FCA lifetime warranty isn't protected by this act and it sounds like they can cancel the entire thing for any deviation from contract obligations, relevant to the issue or not. This is what I'm trying to get clarity on so when I do, I'll be sure to post on it.

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My contract stipulates 2 inch lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hmm Becker interesting if this warranty is indeed excluded from the Moss Act. Again this is what I was told by the salesman (one of the top in the country for the warranty) but again I take it all at face value and I think if you plan to do any mod, you have to be willing to take good along with the bad even.

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hmm Becker interesting if this warranty is indeed excluded from the Moss Act. Again this is what I was told by the salesman (one of the top in the country for the warranty) but again I take it all at face value and I think if you plan to do any mod, you have to be willing to take good along with the bad even.

Extended warranties, although called warranties, are treated like an insurance policy so the normal things that apply to a warranty do not have to apply to an extended warranty. This is what allows the crappy third party warranty companies to deny most of their claims. FCA is better than the third party ones but it is still not treated as a warranty so they have more leeway.

neilnoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I'm starting to look at options for an extended warranty as well. Got the pitch at Texas Direct Auto where I purchased, for the one they offered by Safe Guard. It's an "exclusionary" coverage which I like, but am still looking. Does it make sense to "shop" for the FCA Lifetime warranty or is it the same price at every dealer? Years ago I was shopping for a Mercedes ext war & there was a HUGE difference in pricing for the identical factory warranty, depending upon the dealer. I live in TX and bought the policy for a dealer in KY. Thanks for any feedback

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I'm starting to look at options for an extended warranty as well. Got the pitch at Texas Direct Auto where I purchased, for the one they offered by Safe Guard. It's an "exclusionary" coverage which I like, but am still looking. Does it make sense to "shop" for the FCA Lifetime warranty or is it the same price at every dealer? Years ago I was shopping for a Mercedes ext war & there was a HUGE difference in pricing for the identical factory warranty, depending upon the dealer. I live in TX and bought the policy for a dealer in KY. Thanks for any feedback

i haggled with my dealer for my extended warranty. they use it as a selling tactic so i know there is some wiggle room on FCA's warranties.

on another note, i had the dealer install my bilsteins. what do you guys think that would do for warranty on the suspension i i ever needed it?

Neumie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 8a
Does it make sense to "shop" for the FCA Lifetime warranty or is it the same price at every dealer? Thanks for any feedback

Yes, there are large price differences. Hundreds of $.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hey guys, I'm looking for a digital copy of the contract offered by FCA on the lifetime max warranty. Bonus time is coming and I am considering purchasing the warranty. My truck is completely stock but I'm looking at installing 5100s and maybe a more aggressive muffler. I'm reading conflicting info on whether or not those mods will trigger cancellation of the warranty. I do know it's not protected under the Magnuson Moss act so I want to tread carefully.

Some say a lift over 2" is grounds for cancellation. Others say they have bigger lifts and have been fine. Anyone have a concrete answer on this?

Thanks

I have a Max Care on both my RAMs, RAM sent me, by USPS, an acceptance letter along with my ID card for both vehicles. The acceptance letter was accompanied by the plan description describing what is and is not covered by the Max Care warranty. One of the paragraphs in the acceptance letter described vehicles/modifications that are not eligible for coverage.
There is a line that states "vehicles altered or converted from original manufacture's specifications" are not eligible. The contract also states that "no dealer, dealer employee, or Chrysler employee has the authority to modify or change the plan provision".

Regardless of what a dealer service person may tell you, it is possible your warranty will be denied by the Max Care plan which, and this is important to understand, is not part of your manufacture warranty. Modification may be covered by the manufacturer's warranty (dealer discretion) but after the initial warranty, Max Care likely will not cover the suspension modifications.

The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act applies to the manufacturer's initial new vehicle warranty, the Max Care warranty is not affected by the act.

I would call Max Care and get your concerns addressed by them, the number they listed in the acceptance letter is 800-521-9922

Extended warranties, although called warranties, are treated like an insurance policy

The Max Care warranty specifically states, in the acceptance letter, "this plan is not insurance and is not part of the manufacturer's warranty".

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Becker11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boss, your info matches up with what I found on the Jeep forums. Thanks for providing the number. Looks like that's the one for current warranty owners. I'll try thay to see if I can get an official statement.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am also looking to get an extended Warranty. Just trying to decide on deductible and Mileage. The lifetime looks good but is not transferable. Also there is a coupon code good for several hundred Bucks..

caskem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
After a lot of research, I went with the FCA Lifetime Max product. While somewhat pricey at $2800 I am keeping the truck until I croak at this point, so I feel much better about potential repairs. I got it from Clay Robbins ([email protected]) and am very pleased with how he does business. 888-421-1388. I, too, received a packet with cards in the mail. It also includes roadside assistance.

BlackOps6

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am talking with Clay also to get both of my Dodge vehicles covered.

OP
OP
B

Becker11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got off the phone with the vehicle protection sales rep. His statement was that lifts up to 2.5" are fine and won't affect the warranty beyond not covering the non-mopar parts. With regards to the muffler, if it's behind the catalytic converter it's fine as well. Looks like there is some common sense leeway in the contract. I didn't get the digital copy I wanted but I'm pretty well satisfied with the answer.

They did quote me $4115 for the plan (ouch) and threw in that there is financing with 24 months at 0% interest on plans purchased directly from factory.

I'll be calling around to some of the local and suggested dealerships for better quotes.