Lifetime Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtlp8335

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
looking at buying the Max Care lifetime plan. Have a 16 Big Horn CCSB 6.4. I can still buy at the "new" price since I'm the original owner and inside my 3/36 warranty. Got quoted 2990 with the $200 deductible. Obviously, wear parts not covered, but what "fine print" have others run into?

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had no issue with the maxcare I had on my last vehicle (Jeep GC), they covered everything except for wear out parts, but I had a 100 deductible. Also shop around for the price, not sure if the HD's are more, but I've seen better pricing on the warranty and with the 100 deductible.

MXM34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Google Clay Robbins and get his price before you buy elsewhere

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You should be able to get it for below 2500 with a 100 deductible. Buy from any dealer in the nation. Be sure it's authentic Mopar warranty and not some aftermarket BS.

The warranty covers basically everything but wear items until a given repair exceeds the NADA value of your truck then they buy you out and it's over. You MUST own the truck for a long time to have it pay off. It won't transfer to another owner.

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wish I could get lifetime on my truck. It's not available for me. Did get lifetime on my van though.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You should be able to get it for below 2500 with a 100 deductible. Buy from any dealer in the nation. Be sure it's authentic Mopar warranty and not some aftermarket BS.

The warranty covers basically everything but wear items until a given repair exceeds the NADA value of your truck then they buy you out and it's over. You MUST own the truck for a long time to have it pay off. It won't transfer to another owner.

Flordia and North Carolina are the only two states where extended warranties can transfer over to a new owner. The extended warranties remain attached to the vehicle.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Flordia and North Carolina are the only two states where extended warranties can transfer over to a new owner. The extended warranties remain attached to the vehicle.

I thought they got out of that by calling them "service contracts" but am not sure.

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Haven't had to use it on my 2500 but I did use it on my 1500 a few times. The biggest, most frequent, use I had was those damn manifold bolts on the 5.7. Had it at the dealer probably 3 times for that recall. Luckily my dealer didn't charge me for the last two times at all since I had the warranty.

To me, since I'm keeping this truck till it dies, the warranty is worth every cent. Only one major thing goes wrong and it'll pay for itself. With as complicated as the electronics and drivetrains are now I sure as heck don't want to try fixing it on my own.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I was under the understanding that "Life-Time" is not the life of a Human, or even the lifetime of ownership. Lifetime is defined usable life span of the truck. Not sure on what usable life span is though. But I'd be surprised if its greater then 10yr.

And I'm sure there are many "loop Holes" that will cause covered repairs to cost way more then the deductible.

PatinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Isn't it something like repair costs above the value of vehicle at the time of repair isn't covered? I don't have the warranty but have looked into it in the past.

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the Mopar lifetime warranty can only be purchased with a new vehicle and is only good for the first owner. For a used Ram you can only get an aftermarket lifetime warranty, or so I believe.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was under the understanding that "Life-Time" is not the life of a Human, or even the lifetime of ownership. Lifetime is defined usable life span of the truck. Not sure on what usable life span is though. But I'd be surprised if its greater then 10yr.

And I'm sure there are many "loop Holes" that will cause covered repairs to cost way more then the deductible.

See post #4

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I thought they got out of that by calling them "service contracts" but am not sure.

The fine print in the contract is still saying transferable to a new owner in Flordia and NC.

Not sure on what usable life span is though. But I'd be surprised if its greater then 10yr.

See post #4

Don't make fatal assumptions until you do the research. The Mopar version of Max Care is real and there is not a hidden agenda as you suggest. Even the co-pay, if you have one, is structured so you pay it on the initial visit. The co-pay isn't tied to an issue, just a visit for covered service work. Returns for the same issue or issues will not generate another co-pay.

Before I bought a max care, I talked with two different service advisors at two different dealerships, both gave me the same answers about max-care. I've used it a couple times with my 2013 ($0 deductible) and I got a loaner vehicle and absolutely no cash out of my pocket for the repairs.

The extended warranty doesn't protect you from up-sells though :)

OP
OP
J

jtlp8335

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Found a local dealer that will sell it to me for $2490/$200 ded. Called quite a few dealers, most were over $3000. Thanks for the help

Snyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

WHEN PLAN COVERAGE STARTS AND ENDS: Plan coverage begins on the date you purchased the Plan for: (i) a Vehicle component not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty; (ii) Trip Interruption; (iii) Car Rental in respect to covered repairs when a replacement vehicle is not otherwise provided; and (iv) Taxi Reimbursement. Plan coverage begins on the date the manufacturer’s warranty ends for: (i) any Vehicle component covered under the manufacturer’s warranty; and (ii) Roadside Assistance.

This Plan offers mechanical coverage as specified to the named purchaser or retail lessee of the vehicle only, for the lifetime of that purchaser or retail lessee. The Plan ends upon the death of that purchaser or retail lessee or upon the transfer or sale of the vehicle. The Plan ends even if the transfer occurs by operation of law, such as to a lienholder, family member through succession, or successor business.

COVERAGE UNDER THE PLAN: WHAT IS COVERED? The Plan will pay the total cost (parts and labor) less a deductible per visit, to correct any of the following mechanical failures, caused by a defect in materials or workmanship of a covered component and are not covered by the vehicle’s factory warranty. The only exceptions are those listed under “What is not covered by the Plan”.

THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:
• Repairs or replacement of any component covered by any of the Vehicle manufacturer warranties, Certified Warranty, part manufacturer warranties or recall policies; roadside assistance, loaner vehicles or other services which are eligible to be covered by the Vehicle’s manufacturer warranty or marketing programs; 

• Repairs required as a result of other than a manufacturing defect (such as a design defect or normal wear); 

• Repair or replacement of any covered component when it has been determined that the condition existed prior to 
purchasing the Plan; 

• Plan benefits where the Vehicle odometer reading has been stopped or altered and/or the Vehicle’s actual mileage 
cannot be readily determined; 

• Brake pads, shoes, rotors and drums are not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure); 

• Reimbursement of services/benefits that exceed the total number of services/allowance included in Plan Coverage; 

• Battery and cables, any battery for a component, spark plugs and wires, lights (bulb, sealed beams, lenses), 
suspension alignment, wheel balancing, wiper blades, exhaust system components, heat shields and exhaust hangers; 
throttle body cleaning; evaporator deodorizing; carbon cleaning; 

• Plan benefits necessary as a result of (a) failure to properly care for or maintain the Vehicle; (b) fire, accident, abuse, 
vandalism, negligence or Act of God including but not limited to the Vehicle rendered inoperable due to snow, ice or flood; (c) failure to properly operate the Vehicle; (d) Vehicles that have been used or are being used for competitive speed events such as races or acceleration trials; (e) pulling a trailer that exceeds the rated capacity of the Vehicle or failure to adhere to the requirements for vehicles used to pull a trailer as outlined in the owner manual supplied by the manufacturer; (f) tampering with the emission system or with any parts that could affect that system; (g) use of dirty fluids, or fuels, refrigerants or other fluids which are not recommended by the manufacturer; (h) failure due to fluid contamination or sludge; (i) modifications not approved or recommended by the manufacturer; (j) overloading rated payload capacity of the Vehicle; (k) damage incurred by off-road usage; 

• Plan service obtained from other than a Dealer unless authorization is first received from us. FCA US Vehicles must return to a FCA US LLC Dealer for Plan covered repairs; (Dealers cannot authorize repairs.) 

• Repairs required as a result of use of other than the Vehicle manufacturer’s parts during the term of the Plan, unless authorized by us; 

• Repairs to a covered component caused by the failure of a non-covered component and/or an aftermarket installation not performed by a Dealer, or any outside installation of "salvage or junk" components in conjunction with an insurance or damage claim. All part installations to satisfy such claims must be with new or factory authorized remanufactured components and parts; 

• Bodily injury or property damage arising or allegedly arising out of a defect in the design, manufacturer, materials or workmanship of a covered component; 

• Any fines, fees or taxes which are associated with impound towing as a result of actual or alleged violation of any laws or regulations; 

• Plan benefits to Vehicles operated outside of the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and Mexico; 

• Plan benefits to Vehicles registered outside of the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico; 

• Exterior - tires; body sheet metal; glass; plastic lenses; paint; bright metal; bumpers; side-view mirrors (glass/ 
housing); wheel covers; steel wheels; aluminum wheels; rusted or frozen rims; weather strips; rust; water leaks; restricted drain tubes; wind noises; all outer body panels; spoilers; plastic and fiberglass body parts; vinyl tops; convertible top fabric; repairs or damage caused by environmental factors such as acid rain, tree sap, salt or ocean spray; 

• Interior - trim; carpet; upholstery; dash pad; door and window handles; knobs; buttons; moldings; arm rests and head liner; cargo cover; 

• Mechanical - manual clutch assembly; repairs to snow plows, winches and trailer hitches regardless of their installation; damage to flywheel as a result of clutch failure; 

• Shop supplies, waste disposal fees and materials; 

• Repairs to any Vehicle where the title has become branded or the Vehicle has become restricted by the manufacturer 
after the purchase of the Plan; 

• Maintenance services specified in the owner’s manual and the parts used in connection with such services; 

• Repairs to a covered component caused by the failure of a non-covered component and/or an aftermarket installation 
not performed by an authorized Dealer; 

• Repairs or replacement to components covered by the Hybrid System Limited Warranty (refer to Warranty booklet for 
details); 

• Portable Units including but not limited to - headphones; I-Pods; GPS units; DVD players; laptop computers; cellular 
phones; any hand-held device; Navigation DVD; 

• Repair or replacement of Performance parts, Performance enhancing parts; 

• Any economic loss of any kind, including but not limited to rental car expenses, consequential damages, incidental 
damages, or other losses that relate in any manner to your use or loss of use of the Covered Vehicle. 

Willllburrrr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New member here and just purchased a 2017 1500. Talked myself into the dealers extended warranty the other day when I picked up truck. It's the Easy Care plan and I'll be going back tomorrow to cancel it and look at the Dodge Extended Warranty. Looks to be the same coverage or better at less cost.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
New member here and just purchased a 2017 1500. Talked myself into the dealers extended warranty the other day when I picked up truck. It's the Easy Care plan and I'll be going back tomorrow to cancel it and look at the Dodge Extended Warranty. Looks to be the same coverage or better at less cost.

Sounds like you got a dealer warranty. Definitely go for the Mopar Max Care warranty, honored at every RAM dealer in the states.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If looking at the Mopar Max Care Lifetime Warranty get ahold of Clay Robbins @ [email protected] he pretty much has the best prices in the country and has been used by many many of Ram Forum users (myself included).

OP
OP
J

jtlp8335

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If looking at the Mopar Max Care Lifetime Warranty get ahold of Clay Robbins @ [email protected] he pretty much has the best prices in the country and has been used by many many of Ram Forum users (myself included).

Called Clay Robbins--had the 2nd best quote. A more local guy actual beat him by $100--and this IS NOT the dealership where I bought my truck. Paul Baum @ Don Vance Chrysler in Marshfield, MO 417-859-4600. [email protected]