Lifted 2wd 4th Gen Pics- Lets see them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I would agree with that statement up till the pitiful part.

Still doesn't explain why lift a 2wd truck. Don't get it, never will. Guess I'm too dumb.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I lifted mine for looks and to gain ground clearance, I use it almost everyday where as a stock 4x4 truck couldn't go over certain objects (fallen trees, rocks, curbs, holes, etc.). I've owned (3) 4x4 trucks, never used the 4wd. This was a budget 2nd vehicle. Cheaper suspension parts. When I do want to use 4wd, I have my four wheeler and side by side. No point in taking a $40k truck offroad with the possibility of breaking something expensive.

Plus, this is MY truck. Why are you so butt hurt that my truck looks badass and yours doesn't? :)

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Prepare to see a baja truck.

I'm kinda over it.. They're going for the "look". But what I still don't understand is a lift and "mud" tires. Is that for looks also?

Its like putting drag radials on the back wheels of a fwd car

IMO

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I'm kinda over it.. They're going for the "look". But what I still don't understand is a lift and "mud" tires. Is that for looks also?

IMO

You need both traction and ground clearance to run over/climb objects, hence the need for mud tires and a lift.

Plus it does look badass too :)

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

IMO

:roflsquared: I agree with you on that. I think it is strange to put mud tires on a 2WD. Maybe its even weird for me to have my all terrains on. I just know what I like and what I put on my truck is my choice.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had a 6" and 35's on my 4x4, used 4wd maybe 3-4 times. The rest of the time it was 2wd pavement mileage, I would wager 99% of lifted truck owners are pavement trucks... The only person that would know it's 2wd is the driver....

Driver: "Damn dude, I'm stuck in the mud, who has a big truck that could come pull me out?"

Passenger: "Bro, call up N1ck, he has a killer badass truck to pull you out"

Driver: "hey broski, I'm stuck in the mud, can you please come pull me out with your lifted rig?"

N1ck: "uh, I would bro hound, but my truck is actually 2wd......"

:crickets:

"Duuuuude hahahahahahaha, nevermind bro, nevermind. We'll call up jimmys girlfriend, she has a Ford Escape that's 4x4, sorry to bother you."

IMO

Last edited:

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was a pointless story your bored ass came up with

I don't build trucks to pull people out of the mud. I build them to my liking, and I like lifted trucks with mud tires :) haha

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I lifted mine for looks and to gain ground clearance, I use it almost everyday where as a stock 4x4 truck couldn't go over certain objects (fallen trees, rocks, curbs, holes, etc.). I've owned (3) 4x4 trucks, never used the 4wd. This was a budget 2nd vehicle. Cheaper suspension parts. When I do want to use 4wd, I have my four wheeler and side by side. No point in taking a $40k truck offroad with the possibility of breaking something expensive.

Plus, this is MY truck. Why are you so butt hurt that my truck looks badass and yours doesn't? :)

I highly doubt anyone here is butt hurt, except chipmaker. True, it is your truck and your call. Just seems, based on what you describe above, 4wd would me much better.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That was a pointless story your bored ass came up with

I don't build trucks to pull people out of the mud. I build them to my liking, and I like lifted trucks with mud tires :) haha

It's only pointless if you don't understand the point.

It's not just the driver who knows if their truck is 4x4. Somehow, sooner or later, the word gets out.

IMO

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
It's only pointless if you don't understand the point.

It's not just the driver who knows if their truck is 4x4. Somehow, sooner or later, the word gets out.

IMO

Is the point "Use the right tool for the job"?
What do I win?

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Driver: "Damn dude, I'm stuck in the mud, who has a big truck that could come pull me out?"

Passenger: "Bro, call up N1ck, he has a killer badass truck to pull you out"

Driver: "hey broski, I'm stuck in the mud, can you please come pull me out with your lifted rig?"

N1ck: "uh, I would bro hound, but my truck is actually 2wd......"

:crickets:

"Duuuuude hahahahahahaha, nevermind bro, nevermind. We'll call up jimmys girlfriend, she has a Ford Escape that's 4x4, sorry to bother you."

IMO

Lol killer bad ass truck? I have a completely stock truck.... Not exactly sure what you're getting at but carry on.

Reactions: PCT