Lifted with stock wheels.... post em here!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Definitely more lift it was my truck and wider spacers for those wheels to come out a bit more, to "ME" it looks too tucked which is why I am going to add some wheels instead of keeping the OEMs ... on some trucks they look very nice but the flares on your truck just tuck the tires way too much for "MY" taste, nevertheless my Man your truck looks very nice.

But definitely more lift !

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely more lift it was my truck and wider spacers for those wheels to come out a bit more, to "ME" it looks too tucked which is why I am going to add some wheels instead of keeping the OEMs ... on some trucks they look very nice but the flares on your truck just tuck the tires way too much for "MY" taste, nevertheless my Man your truck looks very nice.

But definitely more lift !
Thanks..

i opted for 1.5" spacers because i actually want the tires to be set in a little like they are so the flares do what i put them there for.

i hate slung bud and rocks on sides.

need some nice weather to add the Zone BL and wife is sick of looking at the box in the kitchen! LOL

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OUTDOORS: Looks purty nice.....

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Thanks..

i opted for 1.5" spacers because i actually want the tires to be set in a little like they are so the flares do what i put them there for.

i hate slung bud and rocks on sides.

need some nice weather to add the Zone BL and wife is sick of looking at the box in the kitchen! LOL

Oh yeah I totally understand your reason for them .... I am getting mine lifted probably next month and I am probably going to go with -44 offset on 37s with a 7" MaxTrac lift .. I "AM" a bit concerned about the slung and other crap hitting the sides and I am probably going to eventually want flares as well, I just really like the look of no flares, but I have seen a few on here that have flares and they look very nice ...

rwhjr's flares on his look really nice, I like they are color matched

ae33b005-e2c2-4dcb-91d4-c4c644500a4a-jpeg.133868

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
How much of a lift and what size of tires can I get away with and still get my truck inside a 7' garage you guys? I know that if I go with 7" lift and 35 I probably won't get it through and for sure 37s wont ... anyone have their trucks lifted and still have them inside a 7' garage?

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah the only way these flares worked for my liking was painting the rivets (stainless bolts) black IMO

I hated the stainless allen heads popping out its all i could see when looking at it.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much of a lift and what size of tires can I get away with and still get my truck inside a 7' garage you guys? I know that if I go with 7" lift and 35 I probably won't get it through and for sure 37s wont ... anyone have their trucks lifted and still have them inside a 7' garage?

I've got a 4" lift with Bilstein 5100's on the front set to 1.4" and I can just squeeze into my garage with a 7' door.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I've got a 4" lift with Bilstein 5100's on the front set to 1.4" and I can just squeeze into my garage with a 7' door.
Putting a 4 in lift on is in my plans, but I also have the body lift. Might kill my plans, or drop the bills to .7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
On some trucks 4" to 6" doesn't look much different stance wise ... can someone explain why... I assume it's because most of them max out their Bils ?

I have a 2wd so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to go with a 4" with Bils to give it just enough height to make it taller and still fit in a garage ...

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I thought I would pose a question in this thread, as it applies to posters in here....

Those lifted with BDS / Zone 6" lifts and have wheel spacers and larger tires on your stock wheels, have you ever tried putting your spare tire on your truck? I am thinking about finding a narrow'ish 35" tire to mount on my spare to carry around and am wondering if the 17" rim will work with the lift set up and spacers...

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Inked20190103_095917_HDR_LI.jpg Since this is a pic thread... I coincidentally ran into my truck on it's way to get an alignment after being lifted. :) Just brought it home last night, it drives very well, although I'm surprised at how soft the rear Bilsteins are (They may need to be changed out eventually).

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 151081 Since this is a pic thread... I coincidentally ran into my truck on it's way to get an alignment after being lifted. :) Just brought it home last night, it drives very well, although I'm surprised at how soft the rear Bilsteins are (They may need to be changed out eventually).

Can we get specs on that please. Lift size, wheel spacers ?, tire size.

Thanks

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 151081 Since this is a pic thread... I coincidentally ran into my truck on it's way to get an alignment after being lifted. :) Just brought it home last night, it drives very well, although I'm surprised at how soft the rear Bilsteins are (They may need to be changed out eventually).

Looks great, cant wait to see more pics

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Can we get specs on that please. Lift size, wheel spacers ?, tire size.

Thanks

BDS 6/5
Mevotech control arms
Bilstein 5100s set at 2.1" of lift in front
Bilstein 33185569 5100s with superlift bushing kit in the rear
35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
1.5" Supreme Suspensions spacers (I wanted Bora, but they would not get here in time of the install)

I think the rear shocks are valved way to soft for the springs that are in the truck. There is sort of a bouncy / spongy feeling when driving. I hope to get some seat time in 4wd this weekend to see how it does off the pavement.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BDS 6/5
Mevotech control arms
Bilstein 5100s set at 2.1" of lift in front
Bilstein 33185569 5100s with superlift bushing kit in the rear
35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
1.5" Supreme Suspensions spacers (I wanted Bora, but they would not get here in time of the install)

I think the rear shocks are valved way to soft for the springs that are in the truck. There is sort of a bouncy / spongy feeling when driving. I hope to get some seat time in 4wd this weekend to see how it does off the pavement.

Shocks are a funny thing, you think they are too soft, this member below thinks they are too stiff and I think they are just right lol

Don't buy the Bilstein rear shocks then. I have a video of me trying to compress them in to the lower shock mount on my 12 Ram. There was a lot of cussing and a pry bar involved. I'm a buck fifty but I work on equipment all day at work. The BDS rear shocks were easy peasy lemon squeezy to compress into the lower mounting location.

This member thinks the Fox were too stiff and another member says they were way too soft lol

I think the stiff ride from the BDS kit has a lot to do with the rear Fox shocks. They are extremely stiff, so I think I'm going to be getting rid of mine. I havent decided on which shock to replace it with yet, but the Fox rear shocks will be coming off. They are almost impossible to compress by hand while on the truck which is overkill for how I use the truck.

I just wanted to post my experience with the BDS lift and the FOX 2.0 shocks. I know the BDS lift is probably overpriced for what you get but I decided to go with it anyway. Some of the reason I went with the BDS was that I wanted the FOX shocks. I have no complaints with the kit itself, It fit perfect and was well made. The instructions were horrible in my opinion. I had the Bilstein 5100 shocks already so I kept them in the front and installed the FOX 2.0 in the rear. I installed the rear lift first and noticed right away that the shocks seemed to have no damping at all. The back of the truck basically bounced up and down like the shocks were blown. I went ahead and installed the front of the lift the next day got it aligned and took it for a drive. It was absolutely horrible every time you would hit undulations in the road the truck bounced up and down like it had no shocks. When pulling into my driveway it would bounce up and down at least two times when I went up the curb. It was horrible the truck did not feel safe if you made any sudden movement when you were doing over 50 MPH the ass end would try to wash out on you. I called the place I bought the lift from and at first he kept telling me how great the FOX shocks work and I agree with him they are a wonderful product and I'm not trying to put them down at all. I made a video of me pushing on the bumper bouncing the truck and sent it to him. He called me back the next day and said that they have had another complaint of somebody that put the shocks on a RAM and they did the same thing my truck did. He said they use that shock other applications and is probably not necessarily valved for a Ram pickup with coil spring suspension. I took the shocks off and put my Bilsteins back on and the truck drives perfect and handles great. I just wanted to post this for anybody else considering putting the fox 2.0 shocks part number BDS-8250 on there truck to be aware of this. I am not sure if they are all all like this but mine were. The way my truck was before I took the FOX shocks off was not safe if you had to make any type of sudden movement doing any type of speed the truck was not stable. I am now going to figure out what shocks to use in the rear permanently since Bilstein doesn't make a shock long enough for my lift.

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I'm not sure if not being able to manually compress a shock equates to it being too stiff. I do agree ride comfort is a matter of perspective. My Bilsteins do feel like what Ricks Ram describes, but to a significantly lesser degree (I don't feel like the rear of my truck is going to bounce out from under me). I have been contemplating trying out the NX2 shocks that came with the kit or looking into a Timbren suspension enhancement.

edit: It looks like Air Lift has a bunch of universal type applications for their 1000 series bags. I wonder if this will help firm up my ride a big (and assist me when towing my side by side or when loaded up with camping gear)...

https://www.airliftcompany.com/workshop/air-lift-1000-universal-air-spring-kit/

Last edited: