Lifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diminus

Reaction score
Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i had a 1983 power ram. well it was 3 trucks, power ram was rusted out so i took the axels and mounts and converted them into a 1983 2wd my dad gave me with little to no rust. it was a learning experience, along with the 2wd being a slant 6 i had a 318 carburated engine which only 3 months after the swap overlaped a bearing, then i tore the dash out found a 360 throtlebody injection engine out of a 89 or 90 i cant remember. big difference in power!
suspension was 6 inch superlift along with a homemade 3 inch body lift i made out of tefflon/polyurothane type material we used for belt guards on belts where i work, cut 3 inch blocks and used a drill press . then just added longer bolts. body lifts arnt hard youl have some linkage adjusting to do and some steering column issues you can correct with creating a spacer. i may not have a 1st gen no more, but i owned them for the last 6 years. (since i got my license at 16 haha) i recently sold my 83 :( i miss her, ohhhhh headers and a cherry bomb vortex mufler sound great on these trucks :)

Attachments

• bdciubdidb.jpg
    bdciubdidb.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 60

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
I feel like an idiot... what is sfa? am I missing something here?