light at the end of the tunnel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hmmmmm. Looks like the Entire upper Arm mount is cut off and removed from the axle, not just eh bump stop bracket. Im not worried about warranty issues on my 16, but if these dont perform im fucksville at that point.

Anything cut off can be welded back on,so even if you don't think they work as planned,i don't see where you figure you'd be "fucksville",just don't throw out the brackets cut off ,lol.

I haven't made any judgement calls on them,about whether i'll weld them on or box them for more stiffness till I actually have them in my hands and they're trial fitted to the diff,but yes a few of us are thinking we might weld them,or at least run a couple small beads

sickboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yup, waiting for the 'no cut' version. its a little scary taking a torch to a 3 month old truck....

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm getting a version of the no-cut brackets so I'll make sure to let you guys know how they go in my suspension thread here:

http://www.ramforum.com/f39/lowered_suspension_engineering_perspective-95163/

very interested in your opinion on this!

How important is it for both control arms to be level? If I remember right, aren't the lower arms the locator arms and potentially more essential than the uppers with regard to the level geometry? Am I looking at this correctly?

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Itss the lack of lateral support Im worried about while towing when axle weight shifts. This looks like a great option, but might need a bit more work

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Lateral support is the function of the panhard bar,not the fore and aft axle movement which is what the brackets are supporting.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I understand suspension geometry. The panhard is the main support and function for that purpose. However the top end of those brackets, imo, should be boxed. If everyone is happy with them and they work out(fingers crossed) I'll get a set and box them in.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand suspension geometry. The panhard is the main support and function for that purpose. However the top end of those brackets, imo, should be boxed. If everyone is happy with them and they work out(fingers crossed) I'll get a set and box them in.

they seem a little thin to me as well; I think a good indication of how thick they should be is the thickness of the stock material. Maybe they are good to go as is, but, like you, I'll have to wait and see what's reported.

anyone know the specs of the material is used.....:favorites13:

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, the first set of "no cut" brackets are on the way, hopefully get them by the weekend. If they do show up by then, I will be installing them Sunday. After that I will fill everyone in on install issues if any. Should be very straight forward install.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, the first set of "no cut" brackets are on the way, hopefully get them by the weekend. If they do show up by then, I will be installing them Sunday. After that I will fill everyone in on install issues if any. Should be very straight forward install.

looking forward to your report!:favorites13:

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I should be getting mine soon as well.

I'm also writing a set of instructions for these, so that should be entertaining. :happy107:

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
My cut brackets should be in the mail today!! Report back when they are installed.. :superhack:

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After both myself and DubShep get them installed we can determine if we as a group will do a group buy I guess. Please give us about a week to install and test. If we do go for a group buy , I will let Ryan at Illicit set it up.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should be getting mine soon as well.

I'm also writing a set of instructions for these, so that should be entertaining. :happy107:

what, you didn't spring for next day air!, lol , all joking aside, looking forward to the details!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I ordered a set of the no cut brackets ,just to compare them to the cut brackets. But you guys will have yours before they show up here,my scheduled delivery date isn't till the middle of next week. Looking forward to everybodies opinions of them.