Light bar in Bumper or Grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I have a 2002 ram 1500 SLT and was wondering if anyone knows or has put a lightbar in the bumper between grille and bumper.
If not would it be possible to put light bars behind the Grille and if it would put enough light through the grille? Also would this be too close to radiator and cause heat damage?
Goose hunt a lot and would be nice to have that while setting up. Would like to keep the lightbar low key as well and somewhat hidden within truck.

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
I thought about that, but I think it would block too big of a portion of the light off. I don't like putting them down low on the bumper, because it's too low to the ground so you don't project out as far. So I put mine in the ugliest spot, up high on the grill where it is most functional. The top of the grill also does not take in any air, it's above the fin parts of the radiators so I'm not blocking any airflow for the most part.

Comes off easily with the grill (it's bolted to the grill), with disconnect wires behind it.

Lightbar & Grill day_resize.JPG