light trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harley41

Reaction score
Ram Year
b150
Engine
hello folks, I just bought a 91 B150 with only 42k miles,,,clean van, but the headlights taillights and parking lights and brake lights do not work. Fuse is good... Flashers and turn signals do work,,,any idea's on whats happening here? appreciate any input. Thanks...and happy Labor Day.

D350_LE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would check to make sure the socket for the headlight switch hasn't melted. If it's good I'm pritty sure you should have two positive wires running to the switch if you have voltage at that point use an ohm meter to test the switch while it's out. It's been a while since I had to work on the lights on my truck but if I remember correctly all that runs through the headlight switch. Turn signals do not because it's on the columb. The taillights in mine had 6 applied with lights on and 12v when brakes were applied hence making them brighter. I'm not sure where the brights switch is on your van but it's on the floor in My 87 Ram. Make sure you don't have a bad connection there. If memory's serves me correctly a loose wire at that point had caused problems for me before.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Also make sure those connections to each light bucket haven't corroded.

D350_LE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep those corroded grounds and brittle wires have been an issue as well.lol