limited slip rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Np
Just paid for the axle assembly yesterday. It was $2,250. Labor is going to run another $285 to install it. Looking forward to getting some real traction!

So you will be running 3:92 gear?

OP
OP
dmacell1

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 supercharged at 10psi
Yep. I kept the stock ratio. Its plenty low enough and saves from regearing the front axle too (4wd).
Im averaging 9.5 mpg and need to use 93 octane so the thought of getting worse mileage is a bit daunting.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Yep. I kept the stock ratio. Its plenty low enough and saves from regearing the front axle too (4wd).
Im averaging 9.5 mpg and need to use 93 octane so the thought of getting worse mileage is a bit daunting.

So you spent $2300 on a stock rear axle? I thought you had bought both axles for that amount. No wonder your mechanic likes you.

OP
OP
dmacell1

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol!
I never said he was cheap. He is very thorough and ive yet to bring anything back after he does work on any of my vehicles in the last 15 years.
Nothing worse than getting something fixed only to have to bring it back for "something else".
I had the oil changed on my charger at the dealer once and they never tightend the bolts on the cover under the car and it started to drag on the ground....jesh! They charged a fortune...and did terrible work. :)

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Lol!
I never said he was cheap. He is very thorough and ive yet to bring anything back after he does work on any of my vehicles in the last 15 years.
Nothing worse than getting something fixed only to have to bring it back for "something else".
I had the oil changed on my charger at the dealer once and they never tightend the bolts on the cover under the car and it started to drag on the ground....jesh! They charged a fortune...and did terrible work. :)

Haha no you didn't say he was cheap and I completely understand not wanting to take something back after paying full price and some for a repair. But keep in mind when we play with our trucks meaning to modify and drive using some of that additional power it is completely reasonable to break stuff. That is when we should take that opportunity to install upgraded components that have proven themselves. Over paying for components that have a record of not being the best for our purposes does not guarantee their service. No disrespect, but IMO you missed an excellent opportunity to upgrade your drivetrain.

OP
OP
dmacell1

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its cool! Im hoping its an upgrade. Besides just being a lsd.

Its not a stock replacement. Its a built one that will bolt on to the truck and fit without having to wait for it to be sent out and rebuilt. I drive it daily and need it back in the same day. On Tuesday ill find out what kind of mechanicals are put into it...

A locker would have cost me alot less money but sacrificed handling.

OP
OP
dmacell1

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the axle assembly installed today. Truck takes off like a rocket now!
Once the weather gets nice im looking forward to doing a 0-60. Well worth the money i spent. Other than being a 3.92 the only visable label on it said jegs performance and Jasper engines and transmissions. They changed the warranty to 3yr 100k.

OP
OP
dmacell1

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
here are the pics of my new lsd axle and a few extra shots of the stripe extension I just installed today. finally a day above fifty with no snow so I could wash the bees.
:happy107: